Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £30m offer for Levi Colwill rejected

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s not a Ben White situation. He went with the Albion’s blessing, as a club a couple of rungs down the ladder we cannot keep our best players.

Chelsea see Colwill as a prize CB for the next decade, they think they’re as big as Barca or Real, they’re not going to sell us the player. Predictably, we improved and showcased him to the football world. Chelsea win. For our part we simply had a good player for a few months, who helped us into Europe.

Boehly/Winstanley/Poch don’t do FFP. Everton, ManC and PSG have proven that it means Jack Sh*t to clubs that lie. Chelsea spent £600m in fees over the last 10 months, now they’re trying to sign £52m on the midfielder Ugarte and god knows what (£125m?) on the Napoli striker Osimhen. They’re clearing out Mount, Kovacic, Auba, RLC, Mendy and Pulisic. Their star 20 year old CB stays.

Our only hope is another season’s loan.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Colwill has played around 15 premier league games. White had played a full season and been POTS at Leeds.

Levi is likely to still have a value in 3/4 years time but anything over £40m would seem a lot
Yes and colwill was good not amazing in those 15 games. Remains to be seen if he will develop to be a baller yet. Anything over 35m is pretty risky.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It’s not a Ben White situation. He went with the Albion’s blessing, as a club a couple of rungs down the ladder we cannot keep our best players.

Chelsea see Colwill as a prize CB for the next decade, they think they’re as big as Barca or Real, they’re not going to sell us the player. Predictably, we improved and showcased him to the football world. Chelsea win. For our part we simply had a good player for a few months, who helped us into Europe.

Boehly/Winstanley/Poch don’t do FFP. Everton, ManC and PSG have proven that it means Jack Sh*t to clubs that lie. Chelsea spent £600m in fees over the last 10 months, now they’re trying to sign £52m on the midfielder Ugarte and god knows what (£125m?) on the Napoli striker Osimhen. Their clearing out Mount, Kovacic, Auba, RLC, Mendy and Pulisic. Their star 20 year old CB stays.

If they are serious about caceido (or sanchez) i think he could be sold. If not, I agree, loan the only way.

I would be disappointed if we sold them anyone if they arent allowing Levi to join us.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At this stage, I don’t think he’s worth much more than £30m plus add-ons.

Lot of developing to do, and arguably needs to be at a slightly lower profile team to realise his potential. I think being the Chelsea goldfish bowl could ultimately do him more harm than good.

If things go badly for Chelsea and Levi starts, inevitably the fans will turn on the players. Doesn’t help negotiations though…..

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
FFS mate. I merely pointed out that he’d be better off here, playing with a team he knows and in a system he’s clearly enjoying, and you go all stupid over it. Nowhere was I suggesting we ‘free’ Levi, so stop putting words in other people’s mouths. Absolutely nothing ridiculous about what I said.
And I was pointing out to you that to suggest that he would suffer by rejoining his parent club is a little silly. Especially when you consider the fact he has been there since he was 9 years old, their financial clout and their recent managerial appointment ! If you are going to post an opinion on the internet you might have to accept some disagreement.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
FFS mate. I merely pointed out that he’d be better off here, playing with a team he knows and in a system he’s clearly enjoying, and you go all stupid over it. Nowhere was I suggesting we ‘free’ Levi, so stop putting words in other people’s mouths. Absolutely nothing ridiculous about what I said.

I agree. Almost guaranteed a start here and less pressure, we’d be better for his steady development, our track record proves that.

Even if just for another season’s loan.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Boehly/Winstanley/Poch don’t do FFP. Everton, ManC and PSG have proven that it means Jack Sh*t to clubs that lie. Chelsea spent £600m in fees over the last 10 months, now they’re trying to sign £52m on the midfielder Ugarte and god knows what (£125m?) on the Napoli striker Osimhen. Their clearing out Mount, Kovacic, Auba, RLC, Mendy and Pulisic. Their star 20 year old CB stays.

Sadly this is the truth

I care more about the FFP piss takers than whether we get COlwill or not TBH. Football is rotten at the highest level and we're almost on the coat tails in a seemingly fair way.

I doubt it's sustainable to hang on or compete in the long term, but what do I know, we're already fighting way above our weight.

I doubt Fifa/euefa/fa doing anything about anything as long as they get their holidays/bonus/hookers/perks/cars etc etc etc why would they

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
And I was pointing out to you that to suggest that he would suffer by rejoining his parent club is a little silly. Especially when you consider the fact he has been there since he was 9 years old, their financial clout and their recent managerial appointment ! If you are going to post an opinion on the internet you might have to accept some disagreement.
I’ll accept disagreement, but now twattish comments.

I think your POV is flawed as he’s not guaranteed to start at Chelsea and he knows he’s just in a long line of youth talent at Chelsea. Poch will be under pressure to deliver and he may not want to test a player he knows little about.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last summer was the time to sign him.
Chelsea won’t sell him to us for a reasonable price now.
For one thing, Poch will want a good look at him.
Unfortunately, we need to move on.
We tried to buy him last summer ie a loan to buy, but Chelsea would only allow the loan.

I think we’ll walk away and try elsewhere.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Poch will be under pressure to deliver and he may not want to test a player he knows little about.
This is what could help us. Poch will be under instant pressure, and im certain he'll bring in 4 or 5 players he trusts. If one of those ends up being a centre back, which it very well could be given the positions importance to a solid team, and Levi doesnt start the first few games we might see our man start making some noise to the decision makers at Chelsea about wanting a move. We can but hope.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I’ll accept disagreement, but now twattish comments.

I think your POV is flawed as he’s not guaranteed to start at Chelsea and he knows he’s just in a long line of youth talent at Chelsea. Poch will be under pressure to deliver and he may not want to test a player he knows little about.
You’ve completely misunderstood my post and you are now just handing out random insults. I agree with you that he should stay at Brighton. I hope he does. The only thing I disagreed with you about was when you said he would suffer if he didn’t sign for us. I thought that was a bit OTT. Still do. I will continue to politely answer anything else you want to say to me on the topic.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If he had a year left on his deal I could see something being done for a price we could work with but Chelsea under no pressure to sell him and rated there. Best we can hope for is a further loan option or he ends up as part of a deal with one of ours going to Chelsea. I think he would like to join Brighton but can’t see it happening

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
I just can’t see us going higher than £40m and just can’t see that being anywhere near enough for chelsea to let go. We should just leave it at that and go back to our way of doing things. Suspect this is as much the club showing RDZ we at least tried to get him in than really expecting it to come off.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I have to say if he went full Cucu and tried to engineer a move by acting out I wouldn't want him here. I don't think he would do this anyway btw, seems a level headed lad.

One hope is Poch deciding he has 4 or 5 better options at CB and adds Levi to the cull. Another hope is they can't unload any other CBs and so sell Levi just because their changing room is still too small. Either way no decision to sell Levi will happen early enough in the window for us to hang around for.

In other words: we have probably moved on to target LCB #2 already.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just can’t see us going higher than £40m and just can’t see that being anywhere near enough for chelsea to let go. We should just leave it at that and go back to our way of doing things. Suspect this is as much the club showing RDZ we at least tried to get him in than really expecting it to come off.

TB will base the top price we’re prepared to pay, on risk and data. He won’t do a Boehly or PSG and irrationally add another £20m chasing a bet.

He’ll have a long list of CB’s across the globe as other options.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why would they sell him to us. Get real folks.
1. Are you telling Tony Bloom to get real? He wouldn't bother bidding and show the football world our hand re what we're prepared to pay for a defender unless he thought there was a chance of landing him.

2. You might have a point about why would they sell to us IF we were considered to be a genuine rival to Chelsea, but if that's how they perceive it then they've sunk seriously low very quickly.

3. Chelsea need cash for FFP and to fund the Poch rebuild. A LOT of cash. Selling Mount to Man Utd is a desperate act from a desperate club, so it would not be hard to f*ck with their minds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here