Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 30539?!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Lots of empty seats in lower East. So it was raining a bit. Didn't you work out you could get wet sitting there but that you can wet weather gear? Lightweights!

Last week at the Everton match, a chap stood a while at the top of the steps in the East Lower until a steward asked him to take his seat. I heard the chap say that it was raining and he would get wet as his seat was low down. Unbelievable. Some people are quite stupid.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just one of the Many things about football that’s gone array. So many little improvements like this could be made. Bring back Fred and his half time board I say.

And the raffle ticket seller who used to shout "Four for ten, ten for four'. Still not sure exactly what that meant.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It’s interesting.

I couldn’t go yesterday so put my seats on the exchange last Monday. Two next to each other in the lower west halfway up.

And they didn’t sell. I was really surprised but it goes to show the demand isn’t as strong as maybe the club would have you believe. I understand the weather was rubbish which may have put people off, but there must’ve been a fair few who didn’t go and didn’t put their seats on the exchange.

Reckon you were just unlucky. The two seats next to mine in the North were snapped up on the exchange yesterday.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
But it's not so easy to identify a pair of spare seats further back from your viewpoint down the front.

Tell me about it...

I brought my kids (son aged 8 and daughter aged 10) to their first ever game at the AMEX yesterday as I was able to secure 3 seats together on the front row of the East Lower on the Ticket Exchange on Friday morning. I did wonder why thse seats suddenly became available.. :facepalm:

Needless to say we were completely soaked before the game even started and spent the next 2 hours getting ever wetter and colder. The children, to be fair, still loved every second and can't wait go back for another game.

It was only when I watched the highlights on MoTD last night, gently drying out next to the fire, that I realised the entire stand behind us was a sea of empty blue seats. Haven't told the kids yet...

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Last week at the Everton match, a chap stood a while at the top of the steps in the East Lower until a steward asked him to take his seat. I heard the chap say that it was raining and he would get wet as his seat was low down. Unbelievable. Some people are quite stupid.

There was an American couple in the WSU yesterday being ushered back into the concourse. They had both sat down where they liked with a pint in their hand. :lolol::lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It’s interesting.

I couldn’t go yesterday so put my seats on the exchange last Monday. Two next to each other in the lower west halfway up.

And they didn’t sell. I was really surprised but it goes to show the demand isn’t as strong as maybe the club would have you believe. I understand the weather was rubbish which may have put people off, but there must’ve been a fair few who didn’t go and didn’t put their seats on the exchange.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I put mine (two together, front row of the WSU) up for sale on Friday at about 3:30pm, and they were gone by 8pm (or, at least, no longer showing as available for sale).

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Like almost every club in at least the top two divisions, it is our club’s policy to announce the sold attendance for our league matches. It has been this way since the Amex opened. Supporters unable to attend our home matches always have the option to list their tickets for re-sale on the exchange, and, as usual, many hundreds of Albion fans did this yesterday too (although somewhat inexplicably some fans still choose not to).

With trains from London cancelled for a period, local trains disrupted, some local roads flooded, a key match day park and ride site operating at lower capacity, and traffic everywhere heavier due to the extreme weather conditions, it really wasn’t a surprise to anyone to see a higher level of no shows than usual, particularly in the family area. I’m very sure many of these would have been late decisions.

Regards, Paul

Just got that from Paul Barber with permission to share.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Like almost every club in at least the top two divisions, it is our club’s policy to announce the sold attendance for our league matches. It has been this way since the Amex opened. Supporters unable to attend our home matches always have the option to list their tickets for re-sale on the exchange, and, as usual, many hundreds of Albion fans did this yesterday too (although somewhat inexplicably some fans still choose not to).

With trains from London cancelled for a period, local trains disrupted, some local roads flooded, a key match day park and ride site operating at lower capacity, and traffic everywhere heavier due to the extreme weather conditions, it really wasn’t a surprise to anyone to see a higher level of no shows than usual, particularly in the family area. I’m very sure many of these would have been late decisions.

Regards, Paul

Good grief - PB has the patience of a saint to be answering enquiries like that on a Sunday.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Regards, Paul

At the risk of being whooshed, you mean you actually emailed him about the attendance ?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Yesterday we opted to for ESL Block H and away from our usual seats in the comparative comforts of the NW corner. Maybe not the best choice, given the weather, but actually stayed dry-ish in our position. Our first game in the ESL for eons since a 6-1 win over Blackpool on a balmy sunny day.... Plus we had a few closet Canaries to keep us company.

It's good to sample different perspectives of the Amex. The ES definitely affords a fabulous view of the magnificent West Stand, and I agree it is a pity that the TV cameras do not face towards it. Although it was conspicuous just how many empty seats there were in the WSL, so not exclusive to the ESL, on this occasion. No doubt the filthy weather was a factor. (Didn't stop us exiles travelling down from north Norfolk).

From the perspective of the ESL it seemed the atmosphere inside The Amex was more than a bit lacking - is it the acoustics, the weather or just fan apathy? Barely a half hearted and rather dirge like 'Albion, Albion..' audible from the North, but only audible once we had scored. Hardly intimidating. Maybe us soft southerners are just too passive or it needed Kevin Friend and/or VAR to get the home crowd really riled.

I like to belt out GOSBTS and for me it is especially poignant at Remembrance time, but noticeable how few around us seemed put in any effort. Too many football tourists (what no 'give us your shirt Pukki' placards, haha)? Maybe a few youngsters not familiar with the significance etc? - or dare I suggest some might consider it non-PC to sing a military marching song. God forbid (awaits pelters).

So it was an interesting experience but I look forward to returning to our home in the NW corner - and as ever to away games. where we seem to experience the consistently best atmosphere from Albion fans.

Some credit to the Norwich fans who made a good effort to support their rather woeful team. Plus a couple of 'is this your library...' (hardly original, but could understand why) and also 'your grounds too big for you'... but maybe a fair point, for yesterday at least. Not that they had much else to cheer about, touche. Haha.

Anyway, another precious 3 points, more signs of positive progression under GP, so bring on Man. U.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This has been discussed many times but isnt the attendance figure based on how many tickets are sold for accountancy VAT rules rather than numbers going through the turnstiles.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Yes ... ok ... attendance figures aren't the biggest or most important issue in football at the moment!! But ... I'm with those that would like to know how many actually attended. Maybe it's a tradition thing for me ... and it demeans statistics like 'record attendance' numbers.

It can't be that difficult!!

Clubs can still confirm the number of tickets paid for to HMRC ... but give the fans a number that means something! Or don't bother announcing the attendance at all as the 'thank you for your fantastic support' can't actually be heard by those that bought tickets but didn't attend!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
and the HT scores on little metal boards propped up against the stand front wall.

....and Wagon wheels being sold around the pitch.
Bring back Wagon wheel sellers!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yesterday we opted to for ESL Block H and away from our usual seats in the comparative comforts of the NW corner. Maybe not the best choice, given the weather, but actually stayed dry-ish in our position. Our first game in the ESL for eons since a 6-1 win over Blackpool on a balmy sunny day.... Plus we had a few closet Canaries to keep us company.

It's good to sample different perspectives of the Amex. The ES definitely affords a fabulous view of the magnificent West Stand, and I agree it is a pity that the TV cameras do not face towards it. Although it was conspicuous just how many empty seats there were in the WSL, so not exclusive to the ESL, on this occasion. No doubt the filthy weather was a factor. (Didn't stop us exiles travelling down from north Norfolk).

From the perspective of the ESL it seemed the atmosphere inside The Amex was more than a bit lacking - is it the acoustics, the weather or just fan apathy? Barely a half hearted and rather dirge like 'Albion, Albion..' audible from the North, but only audible once we had scored. Hardly intimidating. Maybe us soft southerners are just too passive or it needed Kevin Friend and/or VAR to get the home crowd really riled.

I like to belt out GOSBTS and for me it is especially poignant at Remembrance time, but noticeable how few around us seemed put in any effort. Too many football tourists (what no 'give us your shirt Pukki' placards, haha)? Maybe a few youngsters not familiar with the significance etc? - or dare I suggest some might consider it non-PC to sing a military marching song. God forbid (awaits pelters).

So it was an interesting experience but I look forward to returning to our home in the NW corner - and as ever to away games. where we seem to experience the consistently best atmosphere from Albion fans.

Some credit to the Norwich fans who made a good effort to support their rather woeful team. Plus a couple of 'is this your library...' (hardly original, but could understand why) and also 'your grounds too big for you'... but maybe a fair point, for yesterday at least. Not that they had much else to cheer about, touche. Haha.

Anyway, another precious 3 points, more signs of positive progression under GP, so bring on Man. U.

Atmosphere is lacking inside most stadiums up and down the country thesedays, sadly. Nothing to do with soft southerners. I was in the ne corner yesterday and yeah it was pretty quiet for the most part, as usual really. Did liven up a lot as we pushed forward second half, but it's a shame it takes that to get the crowd going for the most part in this country nowadays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here