Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

?????????

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was working in the motor trade at the time of the "S" reg suffix era and remember the story well.
PEN 1S was actually registered to a vehicle but was quickly recalled by DVLA and replaced, so you won't see it on the roads now.

Sorry to blow your story ..... [which I think was just jesting anyway]

I've seen a yellow Reliant Robin with DEL 80Y plate ....

No joke, really did see the numberplate PEN 15 on the M25. Furthermore, I remember it was in italics, which made it look even like the word. Maybe you're getting mixed up with PEN 1S, which is clearly worse.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
You really did see that reg PEN 15.. A car with that on used to park up at a chiropractor's over the road from me in Chorlton, Manchester, around 1990. Belonged to a saloon car racer. Forgotten his name. He must have had a bad back. Unsurprisingly:moo:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
You really did see that reg PEN 15.. A car with that on used to park up at a chiropractor's over the road from me in Chorlton, Manchester, around 1990. Belonged to a saloon car racer. Forgotten his name. He must have had a bad back. Unsurprisingly:moo:

Maybe he should have 'reclined on a couch', or in lecto recumbit as one might say :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There used to be a Ferrari in the Worthing area with the number plate TOO 510 W arranged to read TOO SLOW

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would potential signings go to the Amex now? Isn't the press area & manager's office at the Elite training ground?

Jul 7, 2003
There used to be a Ferrari in the Worthing area with the number plate TOO 510 W arranged to read TOO SLOW

That was Tim Dutton's I believe - the guy who sold kit cars and those dodgy amphibious cars. He always used to park it up outside Jonesey's back in the day to impress the ladies even though most of the girls in there were half his age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here