Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£300k a week for next 5.5 years. Would you lose interest if.....................

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If a ticket was £20 and the club was on a sound financial footing I wouldn't give a shit. IF the club wanted £40 to attend a game and the money was going towards some moderatelyy talented T-Shirt promoter I would have absolutely no interest in football

actually, I have pretty much no interest in football

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
This subject is near and dear to my heart, in as much as I despise the fact that money is ruining football, how one man can earn twice as much in a week as the prime minister does in a year is just plain stupid IMO (if anyone wants to start a political argument then go ahead as I wont partake, it is purely an example,) I also appreciate not all players are o this money and certainly lower league players are on far less, but to pay someone £300k a week is just another nail in the football coffin as far as I am concerned!

I only read the first page of this thread and someone said within a decade a player will hit the 1 Million a week, I sincerely hope that what we are seeing at the moment is the end of stupid money being paid, its not doing the sport any favours at all, it wont be long before clubs start collapsing! I am far from an expert on this subject (unlike our very own El Pres) but IMO when some of these foreign owners get fed up with their "toys" and pull out only the worst will happen.

I love our club as much as any BHA supporter, but I pray not only for the sport and the club, that we never get involved in wages / deals like this.

Also when telly companies get fed up with contributing stupid money towards all this, again there will only be one sufferer, that is us, the genuine football supporter!!

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Wayne Rooney has made 24 appearances this season for Man U, Premier & Champions Leagues, scored 11 goals, credited with 12 assists and voted man of the match 6 times.

In total he has played 161 times for Man U with 100 goals, 47 assists and 34 'man of the match' awards.

Some tub of lard!

Surely he must have played more than 161 times for Man U.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here