"3 More Deals/Loans Next Week" - BBC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We should be looking to the point where we don't release so many people at the end of the season. Then pre season becomes easier and we will be up and running when the season starts. We haven't really had that since we got to the Amex

You make an important point. I fancy we won't see such an exodus of players as we've seen over the last two windows for many years to come. And I'm talking about big players, experienced players and not just deadwood.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You make an important point. I fancy we won't see such an exodus of players as we've seen over the last two windows for many years to come. And I'm talking about big players, experienced players and not just deadwood.
Quite a bold statement there, x amount of players will be out of contract every year.

This time next year we could have:-

An injury ravaged season from Buckley and KLL.
CMS one year away from walking for free. (I think)
Greer and Hughes gone (albeit with the replacements seemingly in place)
The customary 2 or 3 loanees.
Bruno/Calde.
Any one or more from March/Ince/JFC could be next seasons Ulloa.

It's the nature of the business these days, each season is a rebuild.

It would just be bloody nice to have some continuity in the managers seat, for a change.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In theory FFP should begin to bite from next season. We're FFP compliant and have transfer money in the bank, Bloom has done his spending on the infrastructure and is signing up the decent youth, so the foundation is there. If we can sign players on permanent contracts now - rather than loans - we'll have done much of our business for the next two years.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He is guessing at 3. We need 5/6 but at least half that is bench / youth. 3 weeks from start of season. I bet if look in history books last few seasons 3 this week is the mean number

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He is guessing at 3. We need 5/6 but at least half that is bench / youth. 3 weeks from start of season. I bet if look in history books last few seasons 3 this week is the mean number

Not sure that's true. I imagine we're close to three signings. Sounds like Stockdale might be close (although I still find it hard to believe we'll sign him), Ward may well be close and one other. Johnny Cantor must have strong links with the club so would be surprised if he just guessed that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
3 would kind of put us on track. Still need 2 more after that IMHO.

My 5 required are GK, LB, ACM, LW, ST

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
3 would kind of put us on track. Still need 2 more after that IMHO.

My 5 required are GK, LB, ACM, LW, ST

We still need another CB? i don't think we have fully covered that area yet..unless players are asked to fill in there..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We still need another CB? i don't think we have fully covered that area yet..unless players are asked to fill in there..

I see it as GG, AH & LD - 2 from those 3 as starters. Backup as Maxi, Rea. After those 2 we have Calde/Ince who can play there out of position. So, in short, no more CB's coming in IMHO.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i would say we need the following, in order of importance...

GK - would rather have tommy k back as opposed to dishing out money for somebody - would imagine his wages would be less for the year/2 than it would be to dish out £1m + wages for stockdale, and he desperately wants to be here - if not, butland or stockdale would both be good
LB - Ward please, would think maksimenko/calderon are good enough backups
ST - no idea who we could get
CM - somebody creative please (unless dale stephens is the answer)
CB - not sure if this would need to be starting cb or a squad player - greer and hughes might be good enough, with dunk replacing greer if he turns out to be on the decline

i dont think we need another winger unless somebody leaves - hope to see more of march, with buckley starting, with lualua coming off the bench - sounds like monakana could be a squad option too. if not, more than happy if lingard came back

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I see it as GG, AH & LD - 2 from those 3 as starters. Backup as Maxi, Rea. After those 2 we have Calde/Ince who can play there out of position. So, in short, no more CB's coming in IMHO.

Fingers crossed that AH and GG remain injury free,assuming this then fine,but maybe for me with regards your original post i replied to,i agree,but with one exception,i would personally get LB as first priority,ahead of GK,just for now..

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
i would say we need the following, in order of importance...

GK - would rather have tommy k back as opposed to dishing out money for somebody - would imagine his wages would be less for the year/2 than it would be to dish out £1m + wages for stockdale, and he desperately wants to be here - if not, butland or stockdale would both be good
LB - Ward please, would think maksimenko/calderon are good enough backups
ST - no idea who we could get
CM - somebody creative please (unless dale stephens is the answer)
CB - not sure if this would need to be starting cb or a squad player - greer and hughes might be good enough, with dunk replacing greer if he turns out to be on the decline

i dont think we need another winger unless somebody leaves - hope to see more of march, with buckley starting, with lualua coming off the bench - sounds like monakana could be a squad option too. if not, more than happy if lingard came back

Decent points . Would solly match playing cm change your mind on the above though . I got a feeling he is heading they way

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Decent points . Would solly match playing cm change your mind on the above though . I got a feeling he is heading they way

if he played cm id be happy, him getting forward with toko and rohan playing a bit deeper - although i ttink it would mean we would need another winger to have decent depth, as i guess that would mean KLL starting, and not sure his knees could manage it

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The 3 essential signings, if there is such a thing, are the goalkeeper, the left back, and the top striker.

On top of that, a central and a wide midfielder would also be great, but less of a priority.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The 3 essential signings, if there is such a thing, are the goalkeeper, the left back, and the top striker.

On top of that, a central and a wide midfielder would also be great, but less of a priority.

How far away from playing are Crofts/Stephens...i know we have signed Toko..but would have thought we need some temp cover there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports