Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 Months Since we Scored more than One Goal and Won

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I was joined by a client on Saturday who asked if we were really serious about the play offs, he is a Leeds supporter with no particular axe to grind. His reasoning was that we had set up to defend at home, this is from an outsider.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I was joined by a client on Saturday who asked if we were really serious about the play offs, he is a Leeds supporter with no particular axe to grind. His reasoning was that we had set up to defend at home, this is from an outsider.

We are regressing into Poyets play not to lose instead of to win.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The way I see it is that in home matches, you should always be aiming to score two goals. If you do that, you will win most games. The minimum that is acceptable is one goal, but only one will mean plenty of draws and the odd defeat. There is no excuse not to be scoring two goals at home and it should be happening most of the time. The way the Albion play that sounds an impossible task, some sort of fantasy, but actually it is a reasonable expectation to have.

However, in 20 matches at The Amex this season, we have scored one goal in 15 of them. We have only scored two once (Burnley), plus we have one zero (Huddersfield) and three threes (Leicester, Blackburn, Bolton). That is a long, long way from being good enough and I am amazed 27,000 people continue to turn up to watch such failure.

No team will win enough matches at home to get promotion if it only scores once, yet we continue to do the same thing week after week in terms of formation, personnel and style. This is a long way past being a one-off or a freak run of results. It's been going on for seven months and 20 home matches. Not. Good. Enough.

Well said that man. Our present form just is not good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here