Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

3 bed det houses

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Lots of places to avoid.

Rottingdean, Southwick, Westdene, Patcham, Hangleton- all outskirts places mainly houses with enough bedrooms and not As expensive as central Hove/Brighton

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Lots of places to avoid.

Rottingdean, Southwick, Westdene, Patcham, Hangleton- all outskirts places mainly houses with enough bedrooms and not As expensive as central Hove/Brighton

I know it's not what you meant but just to clarify - the places you list aren't one's that need avoiding !

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Sorry - no, they are not places to avoid.

Gonna offend lots of people here probably and say the places to avoid are Whitehawk, Scoombe, Bevendean, Coldean, Hollingbury.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent

Gonna offend lots of people here probably and say the places to avoid are Whitehawk, Scoombe, Bevendean, Coldean, Hollingbury.

I know it may offend but this is the sort of info i'm after thanks

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Other places to avoid: Manor Hill, Bates Estate, Hollingdean, Coombe Road/Elm Grove, Albion Hill, Meadowview, Mile Oak, South Lancing

Okay/good places: Queens Park, Portslade, Hangleton, Hanover, Ditchling Road, Shoreham, Southwick, Saltdean, Peacehaven, Telscombe

Best places: Withdean, Westdene, Tongdean, Seven Dials, Central Hove, Preston, Roedean, Surrenden/Balfour, Ditchling, Kingsway, Marine Parade.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Yeah, we are keeping our options open, and if we need to do a place up than i think we will give it a go.

Our aim is to down size and become mortgage free. Well thats the plan :smile:

Transport is the key to value. If you don't need to commute to London and or regularly go out in Brighton, for example, there is more value for money away from the mainline stations.

Steyning, Henfield and the West side of Worthing (Ferring/Goring) are all pleasant if a little on the quiet side and can be better value, than the Brighton suburbs. Peacehaven has plenty of modern properties, with decent gardens and is not too far from Brighton, if you are not travelling at peak times every day.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Hurstpierpoint is nice and we live in a 3 bed deatched house that is worth about £370k. Very nice area, good schools, very near everything. Takes me 20 mins to drive to coldean and park for games, 5 mins to hassocks station. 50 mins to london on the train, 20 mins to gatwick.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I guess it depends where you live in Kent as to the "goodness" level of either half of Newhaven !

we live in a village called sandhurst. we have the rye road in front but only fields behind, great dog walking but crap for our lad with autism. That is another reason for moving.

so far reason are :- the boy, the club, mortgage free.. need so far:- dog walking area, garden and maybe goodish views

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
What's wrong with Hollingdean? You could get a nice house in 'the dip' for that. Excellent schools around there, easy to access town, super easy to access The Amex.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I used to visit some relatives on Davey Drive. Bit of a hole. I'm sure parts of the area are lovely, I'm probably making a generalisation. Which bit is the 'dip'?

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I can see why people say Whitehawk and Moulsecoomb (although having been brought up there, I find its reputation is worse than the reality) but why the others?

Hollingbury is a pretty posh part of Brighton, within walking distance of most people's choice for primary school and secondary school. And I live in Coldean and think it's a pretty good place to live: an outstanding primary school, a local library, a few metres from the Downs, a virtual crime-free zone, plenty of parking, quick access to the A27 and walking distance from the Amex. Don't know what the OP's criteria are but it's a place where we can let our kids play out all day.

I know it's a bit far out and it's not full of clubs and bars (if I were in my 20s, I'd find it a bit quiet) but I can't think of anywhere in Brighton I'd rather live - at my age, I like the peaceful life.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I've never heard Hollingbury called posh. I'm not really talking about the bit at the top of Ditchling Road. But there's some pretty rough roads on the bit coming down from Asda. It's all very subjective of course, and like with anywhere there's good and bad.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I can see why people say Whitehawk and Moulsecoomb (although having been brought up there, I find its reputation is worse than the reality) but why the others?

Hollingbury is a pretty posh part of Brighton, within walking distance of most people's choice for primary school and secondary school. And I live in Coldean and think it's a pretty good place to live: an outstanding primary school, a local library, a few metres from the Downs, a virtual crime-free zone, plenty of parking, quick access to the A27 and walking distance from the Amex. Don't know what the OP's criteria are but it's a place where we can let our kids play out all day.

I know it's a bit far out and it's not full of clubs and bars (if I were in my 20s, I'd find it a bit quiet) but I can't think of anywhere in Brighton I'd rather live - at my age, I like the peaceful life.

no mate quiet sounds great to me. Kids are grown up now so it's just me the wife and our oldest lad..... oh and don't forget the dogs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here