2nd Test: Australia v England at Adelaide

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If we accept that there is little chance of rain causing much lost play it then comes down to the Convicts just needing just the 4 wickets. Once the Broad/Prior partnership is broken the door is open and it really should not take to long to wrap up. If we made it to lunch that would be quite an achievement although with Johnson on fire with indignation over his previous Ashes treatment, it might be all over in 40 minutes.

I suppose so, just trying to be a bit more positive with my 1-5% chance :lolol: Broad is a very capable batsman though :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I suppose so, just trying to be a bit more positive with my 1-5% chance :lolol: Broad is a very capable batsman though :thumbsup:

Yes, Broad is more than capable of picking up 50's from time to time but I think they will be targeted immediately with hostile bowling and sledging. Johnson will be used in short bursts with Lyon tying up the other end, Expect some turn for sure on the 5th day plus Australia will have the luxury of runs in order to pack fielders very close around the bat. If Johnson does not break through, Lyon will. Sorry.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hope it pisses it down, I also hope Prior lamps Johnson.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
What this test needs is an outburst of wall to wall violence and the eventual arrests of several players.

I believe that is England's best shot at achieving anything at the moment.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If Broad and Prior both get double 100s we can still win this!

Even I would not bet on both getting double hundreds. We would have a score in excess of 600. I will bet on us winning in Perth and I find it interesting that a draw tonight is only 11/2 best price but won't take it. I did see Swann and Broad smash a number of runs against Australia at Headingley in 2009 turning a lost cause into an almost occasion. It also happened against SouthAfrica a couple of years back but I can't remember where, up north again maybe Headingley again?
I will be watching again tonight as it has been good entertainment.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
The events of these 2 test matches are almost unbelievable. A bowler who has been more or less rubbish for the last 3 years has become virtually unplayable, on by all accounts one of the flattest pitches ever. As far as I know there are no drugs that can transform players so the only explanation can be that our batsmen have been bewitched, an exorcism should do the trick.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
Looking at the weather radar, most of the heavy morning rain has already passed through. There is still a little bit of lighter stuff that might be about one hour away, but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts on time.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Looking at the weather radar, most of the heavy morning rain has already passed through. There is still a little bit of lighter stuff that might be about one hour away, but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts on time.

I have been doing a naked rain dance since I got up this morning....... managed to make it piss down here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The events of these 2 test matches are almost unbelievable. A bowler who has been more or less rubbish for the last 3 years has become virtually unplayable, on by all accounts one of the flattest pitches ever. As far as I know there are no drugs that can transform players so the only explanation can be that our batsmen have been bewitched, an exorcism should do the trick.

I have only ever played very low grade club cricket, and not that much either. But, when you are in the middle and there is a pretty nippy bowler on, there were two things that surprised me. One, the fact that you could hear the sound of a ball hitting your batting partner in the box from 20 yards and two, when they whizzed past your face the ball actually " hums " . What that must be like when the ball is bowled at Johnson's pace is very scary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports