Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd Test: Australia v England at Adelaide

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
My two changes for Perth would be Ballance for Stokes & Finn for Panesar. Bresnan will probably play in the 4th and 5th test.

Would you not just drop Panesar, bring in Ballance at 6 and play Stokes as a bowler, he can bat at 8. Stokes did nothing wrong with the ball, I'd rather have him than Finn.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Woke up this morning hoping for some good news, but fearing the worst.

Shambles. Pietersen is a joke. Is he really that arrogant that he can come to the wicket and flick the ball around without looking at the field.

So disappointing.

What we need now is a Michael Atherton 1995 South Africa innings - almost to the day in fact.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Would you not just drop Panesar, bring in Ballance at 6 and play Stokes as a bowler, he can bat at 8. Stokes did nothing wrong with the ball, I'd rather have him than Finn.

We need to fight fire with fire in Perth and Finn is our quickest bowler and the Perth pitch is tailor made for him. He can be expensive but his a wicket taker and we need to attack them.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Shambles. Pietersen is a joke. Is he really that arrogant that he can come to the wicket and flick the ball around without looking at the field.

So disappointing.

What we need now is a Michael Atherton 1995 South Africa innings - almost to the day in fact.

Or perhaps someone to dig the pitch up?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We need to fight fire with fire in Perth and Finn is our quickest bowler and the Perth pitch is tailor made for him. He can be expensive but his a wicket taker and we need to attack them.

Said that after the first test, Finn is our only 90+ regular bowler and instead we play Tremlett who has lost his pace massively and has become very tame recently.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Heads should roll, this is an absolute disgrace. Cook and Flower should be hsnding in their resignations tomorrow morning.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

So disappointing.

I got some tap for saying this in the summer. He will probably get one good innings out of 10 on tour and everyone will say he is a genius. Personally I think it's time for KP to consider tattoo removal.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Did they go in to the series with an attitude of a holiday at the expense of the supporters?

Maybe their mung bean curry, jasmine rice and edible gold didn't give them the boost they required. More fight in Jack Russell and his baked beans.

Omni-shambles.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So what happened to the England strategy of the tall fast(ish) bowlers. That lasted all of one game when it became apparent they aren't particularly fast or straight - last Johnson last time round, but very unlike him now.

Also some clueless batting

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Listened to Boycott's assessment

His view seemed to be

Panesar becomes preferred spinner instead of Swann
Drop Prior (guessing Bairstow in)
Stokes not good enough (Ballance?)
Bell at 3 - Root at 5
KP on very thin ice

I think he's about right (oh and we are already stuffed in this series as we haven't got the pace to match Johnson)

His mum will open the batting with a stick of rhubarb and the ashes will be retained.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Perhaps clutching at straws but a couple of factors to throw into the mix.

The Aussies we sat behind yesterday went ballistic when Clarke didn't enforce the follow on, went on about the likes of Gerg Chappell, Alan Border, Waugh even Ricky Ponting all would have ground England into the dirt.
"What the f**** he doing" was one comment and that was from a Sheila....

We have rain forecast in Adeliade briefly for Sunday afternoon, but even more on Monday.

Taking the various personalities out of it England have a team of first class cricketers, some of whom can be deemed World class, surely batting out two days on this wicket is not impossible?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Perhaps clutching at straws but a couple of factors to throw into the mix.

The Aussies we sat behind yesterday went ballistic when Clarke didn't enforce the follow on, went on about the likes of Gerg Chappell, Alan Border, Waugh even Ricky Ponting all would have ground England into the dirt.
"What the f**** he doing" was one comment and that was from a Sheila....

We have rain forecast in Adeliade briefly for Sunday afternoon, but even more on Monday.

Taking the various personalities out of it England have a team of first class cricketers, some of whom can be deemed World class, surely batting out two days on this wicket is not impossible?

Two days ? As it stand's 70 over's is to much !

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So out of the regular cricket posters on this thread, who is going to bother to stay up and watch tonight? I'm out.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So out of the regular cricket posters on this thread, who is going to bother to stay up and watch tonight? I'm out.

I think I will try catch the first hour or two and see how things go, have an early start tomorrow (Sunday League) so might not even watch that, I'm not sure why but I just keep tuning in waiting for us to wake up... It's been embarrassing so far, that's the only way to describe it.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

I have radio 5live on all night it helps Me sleep. I expecting to be awoken by about 3 to hear we've been all bowled out for under 100.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I will give it half a session or so and see what happens, Would love to hang on long enough to see the convicts bowled out and Cook/Carbs put on a ton opening partnership.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well done Cook, caught hooking

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Cook, you absolute ****. No way should he be captain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here