2nd npower test Lords 16th-21st july

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why don't they switch the lights on?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thank god for that. We weren't benefitting from being out there at all. It doesn't change the fact that this is a total embarrassment, but at least 209 is still a tough ask for them tomorrow. Had we stayed out for another 50 minutes that target would be nearer 150.

Total disgrace that England are suddenly running SCARED :lolol:

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
should of batted on to make game safe. we have given them a chance they should not of had. 2whole days on a flat pitch to get 520 far from impossible in the modern game. should not happen i know, but this is england!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
should of batted on to make game safe.

Hindsight is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Suppose the following:

i) England batted for another session or so, amassing another 100-150 runs making the game 'safe'.

ii) The weather today delivered more rain than actually transpired.

iii) At the end of tomorrow, Australia are many runs adrift but manage to hold on for a draw (akin to England in Cardiff etc).

If that happened, Strauss and the England management would be vilified for being too defensive in their approach when batting on.

It's far from over yet and England are still heavily odds on to win this one - it just may be closer than we all expected then the 5th wicket dropped. If/when that 6th wicket falls, the game will change dramatically.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
im sure you will be proved to be right bozza. i just hope they dont get another 50 or 60 before we break these 2. exciting day to come!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This tabloid-esque attitude from a large amount of posters is quite laughable. Yes, we are in a position to lose this match, but we are also in a position to win it. Something we have not done, against the Aussies, for 74 years(?). We put ourselves in the box seat with a very good bowling and fielding performance and I don't think they deserve the label of 'traitor' or 'loser' or 'choker'. Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow before demanding the whole team is publically flogged.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What have I said that is inaccurate?

a) Failing to defend the world-record score for a last innings chase, which is more than 100 above the previous record, will be embarrassing and shocking.

Have they? Australia are still short of the record requirement to win a test, let alone the total set.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here