Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd npower test Lords 16th-21st july

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Great result, made better by the number of players who performed well for us. Man of the match is between Flintoff and Strauss, but Anderson did the damage in the first innings, all our bowlers worked hard and performed and Cook, Collingwood and Prior helped with the bat

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I entirely understand GM's approach and how he makes his predictions. Being fairto him he always says that he went into every game believing that Australia would win (as you should do as a sportsman). He still has that approach now. Therefore if they are 1-0 down with 3 to play he will say that he thinks Australia will win 1-3. I think his aprroach is actually spot on and something that we have lacked for a long time.

You could say that about English/British sport as a whole!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I like Glenn McGrath, he's a winner like Ponting (except today obviously) and doesn't care how he's percieved, just about being the best

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I just find it a tad annoying that people slate/laugh at GM for what is the right approach. They have clearly never listened to the reasoning behind his 'predictions'

I know his reasoning - and understand it. But you can be a great competitor and say the series is going to be close.

In 2005 and 2006/7 fair enough. But it would be a bit delusional this year. It was always likely to be close now the Aussies don't have Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist etc. Not that it looked like that at Cardiff.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Awesome display this morning by all. Strauss got his tactics spot on and brining Swann when he did was a masterstroke.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to Ponting (for once), he was generous and honest in defeat. Perhaps redeemed himself slightly to the crowd, for whom he's (not unreasonably) been a bit of a pantomime villain since at least 2005.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I know his reasoning - and understand it. But you can be a great competitor and say the series is going to be close.

In 2005 and 2006/7 fair enough. But it would be a bit delusional this year. It was always likely to be close now the Aussies don't have Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist etc. Not that it looked like that at Cardiff.

Quite. I'm all for optimism but to say 5-0 every time is just deluded and this time I think it has played into our hands.

If you always say you will win everything you are underestimating your opponents and it makes you look foolish.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I thought he'd had one injury too many to be honest, and that he'd be rubbish in this series. So, for once, looks like I was wrong.

I can't wait for you to lose your virginity and then tell the (lucky) lady where she went wrong whilst on your gigglestick.................and then post it on here of course.:jester:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Quite. I'm all for optimism but to say 5-0 every time is just deluded and this time I think it has played into our hands.

If you always say you will win everything you are underestimating your opponents and it makes you look foolish.

But again to be fair to him every time he makes a prediction he is laughing as it has become a bit of an in-joke - it's fun banter between GM and the British Press. To me it all adds to the fund.

it's not something to take seriously in any way, but many poeple seem not to realise this.

xcept that Warne, Mcgrath, Gilchrist, Langer are all in this country at the monment.

Who is to say that the Aussies wont suddenly suprise us with a BOLD selection for the next Test and pick all 4:eek::eek::eek::lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here