Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd npower test Lords 16th-21st july

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Brilliant, not only was the catch to dismiss Hughes highly debatable, but the ball that got Katich out should have been called a no-ball.

If there's one thing worse than getting out, it's getting out when you know you shouldn't have been given.

Unlucky, Ricky :lolol:

That's what I like to hear.

Can you imagine if there's a repeat of Edgbaston, 2005? Let get another 200 or so, today. 8 down. Then the 9th and 10th wicket put on a record partneship and (nearly) win them the game?:lolol:

Or not.

The Aussies have a stall set out for them. They cannot possibly "lose" this match. The options are:-

1. They win;
2. They draw;
3. They were cheated out of a win.

Who says it's the poms who whinge?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well on the one hand, it would be a lot less nervewracking if we could just knock them all over today and finish the game off.

But on the other, I have tomorrow off, and on the off chance I might be able to blag a ticket for Lord's, I wouldn't necessarily mind it lasting another day.

Anyone know what the score is with tickets? Do they sell out all five days?

Edna - I've ALWAYS found it possible to get into test matches at Lords by just turning up and hanging around outside the gates, begging a ticket off someone who is leaving early, because they're only there for the hospitality lunch.

Mind you ... even I'm too old to remember the last day of a Lord's test match when we beat the Aussies. So I can't guarantee that this will work tomorrow.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Shane Warne isn't happy on Sky Sports! :laugh:

Saying, if Boparas' was 'Reviewed' why wasn't Hughes'?

Two bob ©unt.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Edna - I've ALWAYS found it possible to get into test matches at Lords by just turning up and hanging around outside the gates, begging a ticket off someone who is leaving early, because they're only there for the hospitality lunch.

Mind you ... even I'm too old to remember the last day of a Lord's test match when we beat the Aussies. So I can't guarantee that this will work tomorrow.

It was probably three & fourpence to get in back then and no ladies without hats :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rolf describing to Aggers how to play the didgeridoo :clap: :lolol:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Harmisons opening spell at Lords, 2005. :bowdown:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Another wicket before tea please.

That'll keep us on course; 2 wickets per session = England 1 up in the series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here