Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd npower test Lords 16th-21st july

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The Aussies must be fed up with fielding so......

Bat again tomorrow, instruct Flintoff and Broad to give it the long handle & have them chasing around for the first hour. Get at least 550 lead, declare & have best part of two days to bowl them out.

Look forward to watching Priors innings on the highlights, both Bopara's and FIGJAM's sounded crap......

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Agreed, try and put on another 50 or 60 so the aussies have a huge total to aim for but need to score 3+ an over then we;ve got the best part of 2 days to bowl them out

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bat for one over just to be awkward.

Seagull Fred

Banned
Jul 18, 2009
Littlehampton
Monty Panaesar may be a hero after the last match, but he is still a poon and should be dropped from the squad, he's not consistent enough and frequently has let england down over the past year tbh x

Seagull Fred

Banned
Jul 18, 2009
Littlehampton
I appologise for my bad language robo chicken, what i meant to say was that monty panaesar is a cack handed bufoon who is incapable of fielding, bowling and most other things cricket related x

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I appologise for my bad language robo chicken, what i meant to say was that monty panaesar is a cack handed bufoon who is incapable of fielding, bowling and most other things cricket related x

Not bothered about the bad language but it's a word I've never heard before. I was used to the more widely used word beginning with c. Outstanding, you learn something new every day.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Aussies set 522 to win with just less than six sessions of play to go, they will need to set a record total for a fourth innings (currently 418) for victory...surely the best chance we have had to beat them at Lords in many a year, my only fear is that the weather will intervene and a draw remains the most likely result!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Aussies set 522 to win with just less than six sessions of play to go, they will need to set a record total for a fourth innings (currently 418) for victory...surely the best chance we have had to beat them at Lords in many a year, my only fear is that the weather will intervene and a draw remains the most likely result!

Which was the reason we should have enforced the follow-on. We could even have won by now.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
This is fairly positive from Strauss. I thought we would have batted for at least a little while this morning.

That said, the way we bowled last time, we should be home and dry...Weather permitting of course!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would have enforced the follow on too, but I am not the England cricket captain so my views on the matter are an absolute irrelevance...though it did appear to be an opinion shared by most of the TMS commentators, who have largely excelled at test match level, so maybe it is the right one.

I don't think the Aussies will go after the total, at least not to start off with...the maths are fairly simple, they need to score about 100 runs per session and we need a couple of wickets...there is potential for a classic. I think we will know by tea time today which way it is likely to go...if the Aussies are on something like 200 for 2 then they will think they can win, if it is 150 for 4 then we will.

Last edited:

Snoop Dogg

Jun 19, 2009
I guess time will tell whether Straussy shoud have enforced the follow-on or not. If I remember correctly we were in a similar position against the Windies earlier in the year, decided not to enfoced the follow-on and then we ended up with a draw.

Anyway IMHO providing the weather holds out for us, I reckon we'll be 1-0 up by the end of tomorrow! :thumbsup:

(Apologies if something similar has already been said, but I can't be arsed to trawl through 19 pages of this thread........)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here