Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd npower test Lords 16th-21st july

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good decision to bat, Flintoff isn't fit to bowl and it's perfect batting conditions to get 250-300 today, declare and bowl at them for 2 days

Think I'd agree with that. I'd really like love to see us push on very hard indeed, and maybe even slap a declaration in with an hour or so to go tonight. A big ask perhaps, but might just be possible.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
I am NEVER a fan of not enforcing the follow on, especially with the English weather!

The only time it may be excusable is if the 5th day pitch will be horrendous and the opposition have Warne or similar. There is no logical reason to not enforce the follow on today and it makes us look like a bunch of bottlers

on the other hand, today looks like being the best conditions for batting. why give the aussies that. showers tomorrow and monday, better bowling conditions with plenty of cloud cover.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It's just lovely watching this knowing that this time next week I'll be there watching the MIGHTY SUSSEX DESTROY Hampshire

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
I'm 50:50 on the decision to not enforce the follow on after numbers 9,10 and 11 made batting look simple. Strauss tends to be on the defensive side of declarations so we'll see England bat and score 300 and put them in mid afternoon tomorrow and give them 4 and a bit sessions to survive.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I think it's a great decision.

Either would have been OK, because we pretty much can't lose.

Rack up 250ish today. Two days to bowl Australia out for less than 500. Should be possible given their first innings.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Be interesting to see how many times the Aussies bring the physio on if they are hanging on in the last hour.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Good decision to bat, Flintoff isn't fit to bowl and it's perfect batting conditions to get 250-300 today, declare and bowl at them for 2 days

Giving Australia two days to knock off the 500/550

They where there for the taking, get them 4 down before they break even and we wold have been in a really stong position.

Such a defensive decision, Would Vaughen of done the same?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Madness not to enforce the follow-on with the weather the way it is. It gives the wrong impression to the opposition.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Giving Australia two days to knock off the 500/550

They where there for the taking, get them 4 down before they break even and we wold have been in a really stong position.

Such a defensive decision, Would Vaughen of done the same?

who cares what Vaughan would've done, Strauss is the captain now and its upto him.....if we fail he'll be red faced and we'll shout at him...but until the end of the match comes round lets just get on and cheer the boys to victory

65-1

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I berated him for not making them bat again. But if the bowlers do need to rest for a day then it might have been out of his hands. Expect this match to finish a draw.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Strauss GONE, expect us to be bowled out for 150!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here