Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd npower test Lords 16th-21st july

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Off for bad light with the lights on.

The Aussies agreed to use floodlights, now they complain there are shadows!

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
OK, so now I'm torn. Due to watch day 4 on Sunday at Lords. I would guess that England will enforece the follow on if they get the chance so I knid of want Australia to score 350 in the 2nd innings and then see England knock off the 100 runs they need on Sunday evening.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
OK, so now I'm torn. Due to watch day 4 on Sunday at Lords. I would guess that England will enforece the follow on if they get the chance so I knid of want Australia to score 350 in the 2nd innings and then see England knock off the 100 runs they need on Sunday evening.

Don't you remember Trent Bridge 2005? It got down to Giles and Hoggard to get us over the finishing line. Please god I don't think I can take that again. So a nice Innings win.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Jimmy Anderson, take a bow son, take a bow:bowdown:

Sensational bowling from England for the last couple of hours or so. Maybe we're not as hopeless with the ball as everyone thinks? I think the convicts out-wicketing us in Cardiff was only down to our batsmen getting themselves out and the convict batsmen being sensible. Here, on a pitch that is possible to get people out on, we're putting up a great show. Suddenly my 3-0 England prediction is not looking so retarded:lolol:

It was some good bowling but aided by some of the worst batting that you're likely to see in a test match,

Still, if Australia want to commit cricket suicide that's fine by me.

Please let's see Ponting crying...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
148-7

Broad strikes! and the dangerous Johnson is gone... for 4.

You have to wonder just what Harmison would have done in these conditions.

Well, isn't that the billion dollar question?

He would either have

a. taken 6-20, like he did for Durham yesterday.

or

b. thrown six conescutive deliveries down leg-side for 24 byes, then gone home early becuase he missed his Mum.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Minutes silence this morning prior to play starting for the late Henry Allingham.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
All out...to follow on, or not to follow on?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
England going to bat. No follow-on. So we're basically 210/0 in our second innings.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I agree Kinky, unless we can rattle of maybe 250 or more before lunch tomorrow then set them a really big total with maybe five sessions remaining...the most likely result is probably a draw, unless England are skittled for something like 150!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I am NEVER a fan of not enforcing the follow on, especially with the English weather!

The only time it may be excusable is if the 5th day pitch will be horrendous and the opposition have Warne or similar. There is no logical reason to not enforce the follow on today and it makes us look like a bunch of bottlers

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
i really wish Botham would just shut up. this indignant, i don't understand that decision, i don't understand that field placing crap is really getting on my tits. and you just know, once he starts he isn't going to stop.

remind us, Sir Ian, what was your record as England captain?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here