Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd npower test Lords 16th-21st july

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Correct Bozza, and that was SHIT from Prior.

You can see England being dismissed for around 450 and the Aussies making over 600 in a drab draw. Luckily for us, there won't be time for an anxious last day of England second innings wickets being thrown away.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wobble confirmed, I'd take 400 now when this could have been 550 +:annoyed::annoyed:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Correct Bozza, and that was SHIT from Prior.

You can see England being dismissed for around 450 and the Aussies making over 600 in a drab draw. Luckily for us, there won't be time for an anxious last day of England second innings wickets being thrown away.

Assume that was a typo and you meant 350.

If so - agreed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
333 on day one isn't rubbish, all out for 180 is rubbish.

Judging by cricinfos commentary the aussies are playing better this afternoon than this morning and the old ball is moving around a bit
Considering the belter of a track, and the 196 runs before we lost a wicket, it's f***ing shite. :nono: :angry:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If the roles were reversed and the Aussies were 340-6 I'd feel it wasn't the best start but still game on.

As has been mentioned above, a bit of moisture in the air, some cloud cover and we might be in business later in the match.

Thank God for Strauss.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
364-6 at the close and Strauss still there.

Given the rain forecast you'd have to say that's England's day.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'm mildly concerned - after our loss at Cardiff, we needed to bowl better, all out for 180 would have been the appropriate result today..

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Bopara really is wank. I said it last week, but nothing's changed. He hasn't got the technique, temperament or intelligence to play test cricket against good sides. As soon as we lose a wicket we're basically two down. He's got to go, and soon.

How many times has he played against the top teams in the world?

f***ing bullshit from you as per usual. :tosser:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bopara deserved to start but England are right to hold Bell in reserve because he is unproven and you have to minimise the risks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here