Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

29,000+ and we still don't sing!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
This isn't the ****ing Eurovision song contents your spastics, the players should be able to earn their wages without hearing 'Albion Albion' zzz

I would venture that a footballer should be able to execute his chosen profession within the noise levels at which he attained such a standard. Shirley any noise encouragement should be an added bonus and boost performance to an even higher level.

your [sic] wasting your time, I'm that pissed I'm still struggling with "the ****ing Eurovision song contents your spastics". Once I get clarity on that i'll move on.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Blame it on the middle class. :lol:

Apart from the middle class being virtually non-existent nowadays, it's always nice to pin the blame on someone.

The middle class and the upper class tend to make the finest singers in our land. Maybe it is the quality of song that lacks.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Going to dwell in the past, be nostalgic and show my age.

A midfield of (in content rather than numbers) Nobby Horton, Jimmy Case, Danny Wilson and Liam Bridcutt would, I feel, generate sufficient passion, commitment, and dare I say skill to ensure home losses be kept to an absolute minimum. Leicester and Burnley were brushed aside, yet Barnsley, Ipswich and Huddersfield have proved to be more than worthy opponents.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
middle class fans ashamed to stand up and make noise.....unless dark (midweek games).

nah....i really am starting to wonder , particularly after the picture showing fans laughing at williams just after they scored , if that was Goodison , Anfeild or dare i say Selhurst he would be getting dogs abuse.....but no , not from our little sussex munchkins " oooh look is shawts ave come off.......hoo , hoo ,hoo tee ,hee, hee."
really think there needs to be some segregation in the crowd......family , pensioner and singing sections well worth discussion imho.

You are always criticizing. I think it is plainly obvious that you are in the East Stand, which is like a morgue. You had the chance to add your vocal support by moving to the NS to help, but you would prefer to moan and leave early.

I did my time in the Goldstone north from the age of 11 to 17,i don't think the north stand need another middle aged man waving during fan zone? The esu has the best view and although quiet you get the best aspect to assess the general atmosphere,too many fat old gits in the north,we need large groups of younger fans getting together.:moo: I did suggest to tb that when seats went into the nw corner it should be a 14-21 age section but rr won with his fantastic fan zone idea:facepalm:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So many aspects of this thread are true. The football has been, let's say average, at times which does not help. Commitment on the pitch WILL generate support in the stands. Chants start in one place and are taken up in all good faith elsewhere but wildly out of sync. Balls to the 'middle class' theory, any prawn sandwich brigade are long gone, but the away games prove that the siege mentality generate a good atmosphere. A large ground with varying views and loyalty value will provide divides.

Get over these, get behind BHA but also continue to call a spade a spade, whether this be in words or with your feet by leaving when you've had enough.

Rant over

All true. But also, by definition, the larger the crowd, the lower the percentage of hardcore sing-till-we-drop go-to-every-game fans. Just as, again by definition, the away fans are the most devoted of the visitors' fans, and they are all packed together so their singing will sound more impressive.

And the performance on the pitch did almost nothing to lift the crowd. Very little urgency, and too many safe passes that keep possession but do very little to hurt the opposition - JFC, sadly, has come to epitomise this. No coinicidence, surely, that the two bench players whose names drew the biggest cheers when their names were read out were Calde, who visibly gives 100 percent in every second on the field, and Kazenga, who can infuriate but always looks to make something happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here