Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh good grief, here we go again. I get sick and tired of these "amex atmosphere was shit today" threads.

Here are 2 home truth FACTS.

1. Away fans nearly ALWAYS make more noise than the home crowd. This is due to the simple fact the majority of away fans have spent the day travelling and drinking and generally getting themselves "up" for the games, rather than spending the morning doing mundane things like a bit of shopping or housework.

2. Home crowd volume/atmosphere is directly linked to the way the team are performing. We weren't great for long periods today = crowd were not very loud. The period just before half time when we were well on top, the crowd were making a lot of noise. No shit Sherlock!

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Easy to use feeble excuses than admit that most in the ground just can't be bothered to sing at games and are prefectly happy to sit in silence (like most of the stands at the Goldsone did for most of the games there, and Priestfield, oh, and at Withdean)

I thought that the Norwich fans were quite loud today when singing in a stand a similar size to the North Stand, and yet i doubt there were any of their fans were using the usual excuses the North stand seemingly normally like to use such as it's split into factions and they refuse to join in with each other / the stewards / having seats in the stands / people near then looking at them for singing, etc... and claim they were all too easily put off making some noise.

The sooner some of our fans realise it's unlikely that the whole ground will be singing or even the whole north stand singing at once and just accept that people may look at them for singing, etc, but not use it as an excuse to stop and they should just carry on singing if they wish and not see those who don't join in as a resaon to stop.

Hard to compare to the away fans section, where all their support is condensed as one. Brighton fans at away grounds also often make a great atmosphere e.g. at Fulham and Brentford this season.

Up to the club to try and engineer a vibrant section with ticketing prices, or a certain age group, or being less rules-driven in a section. It works for, dare I say ... CP.

Jan 30, 2008
I believe you can stand in some Aviva Premiership grounds Das. Tie a jumper over your shoulders, bin the subscription to Waffen Blitzkreig Monthly and start subscribing to The Sunday Times, learn some Ra Ra Hooray type songs and they'll never suspect that you're not one of them. #salad days
you can do that at the Amex though apart from standing and swap the jumper for a half and half scarf :shit:
regards
DR

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I know, lets get a team that pushes forward and scores some goals, instead of playing triangle passes for 60/70 minutes of the game in their own defencive half and that might just create some excitement. You never know, that might just get the fans out of their seats and shouting and singing. Until then join a choir if you feel need the for community singing.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Dull Amex these days. No singing section and any lively characters received bans during those first two Amex seasons under Hebberd's heavy handed rulebook.

Lovely stadium architecture though.

Hebberd or Chris Baker? It was Baker that I found particularly obnoxious. Have they both been given the boot now?

el punal

Different feel to everything yesterday. Could it be that it was Good Friday and not a regular Saturday fixture? I noticed in the West Upper a lot of the "regulars" not around. I put it down to too many hot cross buns and early eating of Easter eggs.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I know, lets get a team that pushes forward and scores some goals, instead of playing triangle passes for 60/70 minutes of the game in their own defencive half and that might just create some excitement. You never know, that might just get the fans out of their seats and shouting and singing. Until then join a choir if you feel need the for community singing.
Pretty much this....The football on offer is incredibly boring and we just can't shake off the way we play no matter what manager we get in.
If we focused on actually looking to win bloody games rather that basing things around the opposition the the fans will perk up.Its important you look to score goals and put your best 11 out rather than this boring strong bench for later in the match.

Clubs like watford,brentford,bournemouth etc always look to score and win and get their rewards by getting at teams from the start.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pretty much this....The football on offer is incredibly boring and we just can't shake off the way we play no matter what manager we get in.
If we focused on actually looking to win bloody games rather that basing things around the opposition the the fans will perk up.Its important you look to score goals and put your best 11 out rather than this boring strong bench for later in the match.

Clubs like watford,brentford,bournemouth etc always look to score and win and get their rewards by getting at teams from the start.

Very true about those other teams - goals and attacking from all over the team/squad, pace and they're not afraid of conceding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here