Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

27 more wins and we are up!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Would love us to smash the 100 points barrier and we have never worried about playing Newcastle before so why worry now.
Doesn't look like they will be building any bonfires this season any way, maybe they will consolidate.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's an excellent team, but the money available to other clubs means there'll be some other excellent teams too.

Our advantage is that our team is already gelled. It was IMHO vital that we made the most of this advantage and started well. Get out in front before the other excellent teams get their shit together

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our advantage is that our team is already gelled. It was IMHO vital that we made the most of this advantage and started well. Get out in front before the other excellent teams get their shit together

Our "new" team built up a five point gap at the top last season and got pegged back due to too many draws. I'll take a couple of defeats and a couple of wins over four draws, but agreed a good start helps massively.

We really need to start beating top six teams, at home at least. For all the reasons given that we blew out last season this is the most critical I think.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Wouldn't it be great to just run away with and get automatic promotion .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree, I'm just still cautious about the competition. Middlesbrough were in free fall last year, their manager walked out and they couldn't win a game. But they had enough good players to turn it around despite being disjointed.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Our "new" team built up a five point gap at the top last season and got pegged back due to too many draws. I'll take a couple of defeats and a couple of wins over four draws, but agreed a good start helps massively.

We really need to start beating top six teams, at home at least. For all the reasons given that we blew out last season this is the most critical I think.

I've always thought that, in a way, its more important to make sure you beat the lower teams. The really annoying defeats are against teams we know we should beat. Put it this way if you beat the bottom 15 home and away then that's enough for promotion. I appreciate that winning against a fellow promotion hopeful is very helpful but just think if we hadn't lost to say Rotherham away last year we would have been up.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Hopefully Chris Houghton will have lots to prove with former employers, as there is now three in the division, and that would be a nice 18 points to pick up this season!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
29 wins would be more than enough; 25 might be depending on competition. My working assumption is 27 wins; draw half the other games and you are on 90+ points. Just to emphasise, it is wins you need; draws just don't cut it. Seems as if CH has got the message after some overly cautious substitutions in first half of last season.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I hate threads like this, nearly as much as I hate us singing "We are top of the league" after just 3 league games. And that's a song I hate even more after the ending to last season when we'd spent months singing it...

Bahhhh humbug.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
27 x 3 = 81
81 + 7 (already on the board) = 89
Budup budup boobe de boop booowwwww

hqdefault.jpg

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We have started well. But so far have only matched last season’s results against the same opposition. A win at Reading will push us into credit against that benchmark.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Nope. Not sure I can. Have to help me here. Direct reply to post, no irony intended or implicit as far as I can see.

I dislike something and express that in a thread to which that opinion is appropriate (albeit with a self deprecating "bah humbug" to show that I don't take it too seriously), and you, in all your wisdom, moan about disliking that I dislike something.

P.S. this is a football forum. People are allowed to express positive and negative opinions. And more to the point, regarding your initial reply, how am I to know I don't like something until I read it?

Basically, get off your high horse.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I dislike something and express that in a thread to which that opinion is appropriate (albeit with a self deprecating "bah humbug" to show that I don't take it too seriously), and you, in all your wisdom, moan about disliking that I dislike something.

P.S. this is a football forum. People are allowed to express positive and negative opinions. And more to the point, regarding your initial reply, how am I to know I don't like something until I read it?

Basically, get off your high horse.

haha brilliant.

I like the top the league song though so disagree originally

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
But using your argument, we're +4 better goal difference, which would have got automatically promoted.

Indeed. My point is that it's useful to have last season as a benchmark against which to track our progress. Suggest we assume:
- Newcastle replace 'Boro
- Norwich replace Hull
- Villa replace Burnley
- Burton replace MK Dons
- Wigan replace Bolton
- Barnsley replace Charlton

in such a comparison.

BTW, I see we are 7/4 to get promoted, best price. 3rd favs behind Newcastle and Norwich.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here