Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

27,000 crowds and we still can't sign another striker!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Bore off.......only one of them actually playing.....I watched Barker for the u21's today, not good enough, so that leaves us going nowhere fast. Low end of mid table, and I am not being melodramatic.

I've been dreading and thinking all Summer, we will end up Mid-table or worst. I think we are a Striker short and we can not wait till CMS is back to be even challenging for the Top Six. We will have to wrap Ulloa in cotton wool for the next few months, if we do struggle to sign a Loan Striker in the next Loan Window.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
???:tantrum: 27,000 crowds and we still can't sign another striker........why

What have crowds of 27,000 to do with it......Man Utd have crowds of 70,000+ and they cant sign a player either! We dont need to sign a striker...we have 4 already, plus young & eager DS players chomping at the bit. Im sure the club have loan options to come in and fill the gap for a few months. Keep the faith and trust in our existing squad and the board.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It has been reported for days that we will be looking to get a loan striker in to cover the injury to CMS, but not another permie.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It has been reported for days that we will be looking to get a loan striker in to cover the injury to CMS, but not another permie.

Where has that been reported, in your vivid imagination?

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
:facepalm:

We could have signed another striker, but we chose not to.

Just like we could have sold a striker for £5mil but chose not to.

Deal with it!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Christ some of our fans are shortsighted. If we are to believe the media reports our chairman could have sold barnes, Ulloa and bridcut and in one day covered our loses this year. We should just be grateful we have kept the core of our team and we can look forward to another decent season

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Short term loan is all that is required until CMS is back, if we can find a youngster who is also out of contract in the summer it means we would probably get first refusals on him if he's any good

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
They are about to lose one of their better players to palace so maybe they are?

I don't think the fee is anything like what they've paid for some of their new recruits this Summer. Mainly the prospect of playing in the Premiershit with the Scum was telling factor in it, mainly a drop in the Ocean so to speak for their Owners.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Personally I think we will sign a loan striker to cover CMS recover etc. Two weeks to get every one fit we have a great squad.

very happy with Ince, Andrews, Augustien, Ward and mystery loan striker coming in keeping Barnes Ulloa and Bridcutt is good business. Bruno CMS to get fit we can do this..... lets hope we keep them all after the jan window :facepalm:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think the club have called it exactly right. We have enough strikers on the pay-roll not to justify splashing out on another one for the sake of it. Loan deal is the way to go.

I hope at the end of the season all the people who are saying we're gonna end up in the bottom half of the table are going to be willing to say why they were being so negative - especially after just a handful of games when we have arguably a better squad last season! Totally ridiculous.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I think Vaz Te could still be an option on loan or even signing Carlton Cole he isn't even at a club is he ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Maybe the accountants on here will confirm or deny, but the way in which the losses / profits are accounted for FFP won't necessarily be the same figure as the public reported one - since FFP (for good reasons) has it's own.

Also I understand any transfer fees in the current window are immune from FFP since although it has started in terms of reporting to the league, the penalties don't come into the end of the season and the current window is outside of the first FFP window. Basically it starts in December.

Obviously huge wage bills will be factored in from December onwards.

This is what I find a bit odd about FFP. A club could theoretically budget for a fine take and prepare for a resulting transfer embargo whilst getting back into financial shape.

Let's see what happens in practice but I'd be happier if it included a points deduction element. Unfortunately it's often the only "language" football understands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here