Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25yrs ago today

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Wasn’t that game a Fans United fixture? ???

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Where were you when we were shit?

At home with a hot crumpet and cup of tea.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
It was a Fans Utd game. Also, my lad was Albion’s mascot. Ian Culverhouse was our captain and when the ref gave the signal for the two teams to come out of the tunnel before the game, Culverhouse announced that he had lost his mascot and therefore wasn’t ready to lead the team out. My son had got caught short and was in the loo. Chester therefore ran out first while the Albion players waited for their mascot.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It was a Fans Utd game. Also, my lad was Albion’s mascot. Ian Culverhouse was our captain and when the ref gave the signal for the two teams to come out of the tunnel before the game, Culverhouse announced that he had lost his mascot and therefore wasn’t ready to lead the team out. My son had got caught short and was in the loo. Chester therefore ran out first while the Albion players waited for their mascot.
I’ll bow to you superior memory but why was it a Fans Utd match?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I’ll bow to you superior memory but why was it a Fans Utd match?
Chester were in issues with their ownership at that time. It led to them being bought by the mad american who decided he needed 3 captains on the pitch and he managed them too

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've heard of many a reason to hold a match up, but the mascot having a poo is a new one.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Chester were in issues with their ownership at that time. It led to them being bought by the mad american who decided he needed 3 captains on the pitch and he managed them too
IIRC it was Mark Guterman who was chairman , and he also took Wrexham under as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here