Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 years ago today

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I still believe to this day we had too many aging players who knew they were out of a job if we won that day, I'm probably wrong but that's how it felt at the time, we really didn't turn up on the day, I know Wilkins was visibly distraught after the game but I can't recall anyone else being upset.

Mark Barham was very upset .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I remember the gods not being with us. Played ok, but conceded against the run of play. Just not our day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Believe it or not, I took a girl to that game for our first date. Afterwards, I never saw her again.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAgZ5_OhLGc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huxFoDU3GbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkZIAFUY-o

I was at all three games.

An unbelievable atmosphere at the Goldstone in the semi-final first leg, followed by an intimidating Den in the second. To be fair Millwall set at us in the first half in a similar way to our first 25 minutes against Wednesday recently, spurning all but one of their chances, then up popped Codner and Robinson for us in the second when they had all but run out of steam.

A great day out at Wembley. We played well but didn't take our chances, They scored against the run of play from a corner that wasn't, but with us squeaking into the play-offs on the last day, County probably deserved promotion having finished in 4th. In those days 4 went up before the Premier League changed all that.

Relegation followed the following year, and a subsequent history that most, if not all on here are well aware of....

Happy days!

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
We ruined that day by turning up wearing Chewitt wrappers. The writing was on the wall as soon as they entered the pitch. No wonder Wendy cried.

Haha, I was there that day and me and my mate just put our heads in our hands when we saw that kit. We both said that it just wasn't going to be Brighton's day.....and so it proved.

25 years ago though.....where the hell did that go?????

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Oh yes Millwall away. I couldn't get a ticket for the Brighton end, so I went in with the Millwall. I wasn't intimidating at all, in fact I was as quiet as a mouse!

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
1 of only 2 matches that my wife has been to. The other was the Seville friendly last season where she was handing round sunblock to all and sundry. Not sure she understands the nuances of football.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Shocking afternoon. I was sitting right at the back and you couldn't see most of the rest of the stands or so it seemed. Made watching the game a bit surreal.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
saw all 4 millwall games that season...

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Loved that season,Albion playing great stuff,Littlehampton winning aswell.Millwall away was great,spent all afternoon in a strippers pub in vauxhall,the evening was a blur but totally enjoyed,happy days.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Was in front row behind goal and couldn't see much through fence, and 30 yd gap through track to goal net and beyond..... Rubbish day out !

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
That away game summed up everything wrong with football back then. I went on the coach as a 14 year old and was terrified.

Millwall away at the Old Den sums up for me everything that was GREAT about football then. OK it could be dangerous, but great fun and wasn't massively overpriced. Only missed two games that season (Newcastle away in the league; and Plymouth away In the ZDS?) - my best season ever for attendances. Would go back and do it all again in a heartbeat!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here