Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 Man Squad [2019 Edition]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
This is the squad from the Premier League website - according to the list we've named 24 players including Locadia who is off to the USA and Crofts. https://www.premierleague.com/news/1603207

Brighton & Hove Albion
25 Squad players (*Home grown)

Bissouma, Yves
Burn, Daniel Johnson*
Button, David Robert Edmund*
Crofts, Andrew Lawrence*
Duffy, Shane Patrick Michael*
Dunk, Lewis Carl*
Fernandes da Silva Junior, Bernardo
Gross, Pascal
Izquierdo Mena, Jose Heriberto
Jahan Bakhsh Jirandeh, Alireza
Kayal, Beram
Locadia, Jurgen Leonardo
March, Soloman Benjamin*
Maupay, Neal
Montoya Torralbo, Martin
Mooy, Aaron Frank*
Murray, Glenn*
Propper, David Petrus Wenceslaus Henri
Ryan, Matthew David
Schelotto, Ezequiel Matias
Steele, Jason*
Stephens, Dale Christopher*
Trossard, Leandro
Webster, Adam Harry*

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This is the squad from the Premier League website - according to the list we've named 24 players including Locadia who is off to the USA and Crofts. https://www.premierleague.com/news/1603207

Brighton & Hove Albion

Bissouma, Yves
Burn, Daniel Johnson*
Crofts, Andrew Lawrence*
Dunk, Lewis Carl*
Gross, Pascal
Kayal, Beram
Locadia, Jurgen Leonardo
March, Soloman Benjamin*
Maupay, Neal
Montoya Torralbo, Martin
Mooy, Aaron Frank*
Murray, Glenn*
Ryan, Matthew David
Steele, Jason*
Trossard, Leandro
Webster, Adam Harry*

So 22 really, plus those young enough to not 'count': Connolly, Alzate, Mac Allister, Lamptey

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Brighton & Hove Albion

Bissouma, Yves
Burn, Daniel Johnson*
Crofts, Andrew Lawrence*
Dunk, Lewis Carl*
Gross, Pascal
Kayal, Beram
Locadia, Jurgen Leonardo
March, Soloman Benjamin*
Maupay, Neal
Montoya Torralbo, Martin
Mooy, Aaron Frank*
Murray, Glenn*
Ryan, Matthew David
Steele, Jason*
Trossard, Leandro
Webster, Adam Harry*

Wow. We've now got 11 HGPs. That's a big increase (sign of Ashworth?), and it's not something that we will need to worry too much about for the future. The fact that Mooy is one is a bonus/surprise. Granted, I doubt Crofts will last too long, but we've got others coming through: White, Clarke, Alzate, with Connolly and Molumby following soon after. [MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION] is on top of the squad, and the ages of the younger players, so please correct if I've got something wrong here.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Beram Kayal in 25 man squad.

[tweet]1225443274082734084[/tweet]

There is sadly little chance of him getting a game with a so much competition and no cup games.

However, he won’t let us down if he gets the nod (after what would be a quite catastrophic injury crisis).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wow. We've now got 11 HGPs. That's a big increase (sign of Ashworth?), and it's not something that we will need to worry too much about for the future. The fact that Mooy is one is a bonus/surprise. Granted, I doubt Crofts will last too long, but we've got others coming through: White, Clarke, Alzate, with Connolly and Molumby following soon after. [MENTION=25402]Blue Valkyrie[/MENTION] is on top of the squad, and the ages of the younger players, so please correct if I've got something wrong here.

You are right.

Next season we have to fit Alzate, Mac Allister, White, Gyokeres and Clarke into the 25 as they will be over 21.

Walton or Sanchez perhaps will replace Button or Steele.

Connolly and Molumby will not need to be nominated and count in the numbers.

By my rough calculation - assuming Kayal, Balogun, and Schelotto leave - that already gives us 25 ( with no Crofts ), assuming Andone also moves on.

So to bring anymore in we will need to be looking at further loans out for, say, Clarke and Gyokeres, or to sell a midfielder from our crowded central midfield.

It all suggests quality over quantity in the summer recruitment.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I don't think we need to worry about fitting Gyokeres into the squad. He's not up to the standard and will surely be sold in the summer.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
You are right.

Next season we have to fit Alzate, Mac Allister, White, Gyokeres and Clarke into the 25 as they will be over 21.

By my rough calculation - assuming Kayal, Balogun, and Schelotto leave - that already gives us 25 ( with no Crofts ), assuming Andone also moves on.

So to bring anymore in we will need to be looking at further loans out for, say, Clarke and Gyokeres, or to sell a midfielder from our crowded central midfield.

Which sounds great but you'd imagine that Clarke will replace a Dunk/Duffy outgoing in the 25 (we can't hold on to them both for another season can we? Especially if the City stuff is true) Presumably that opens up another space for a fourth striker?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You are right.

That last sentence is where we need to be, and it's taken time to get there, but all of that is understandable. As to your outs, I'd add that I suspect that a CB will leave -- one of Dunk, Duffy or White -- which will leave us with even more money to add quality (although it doesn't look that way at present, we've got quality in depth at CB, especially once you bring the loans back -- Ostigard is another likely to leave). It just goes to show how important it is that we stay up this season, as we ought to be in a position to kick on in the PL from this season onwards if we can maintain status this.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I don't think we need to worry about fitting Gyokeres into the squad. He's not up to the standard and will surely be sold in the summer.

He has always looked a quality player when I have watched him in the U23's. I have not seen any footage of St Pauli this year so can not comment on his loan spell. I do not even know how they are using him, winger, midfielder or striker.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
7 appearances as a winger and 7 as a centre forward with 5 goals and 2 assists.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/viktor-gyokeres/leistungsdaten/spieler/325443

Whilst these look like positive stats for a 21 yr old in a new league/team/country, your man Ninja has obviously viewed these performances in detail to conclude that he is not (and won’t be ) up to it for us.

Thanks for that, I see St Pauli are in a relegation fight as well, in what is the German Championship, see clubs like Hamburg, Hanover, Stuttgart and Nurenburg are all down there.

I assume Ostigard is playing regulary as well, he looked very good but may well be swamped by the amount of defenders we have on our books at present. What I like about Potter is he takes the time to assess a player and how he could work in a system for him, I am sure Gyokeres could easily be in his plans.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Argentina's number 10... nice! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here