£22.00

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cabby

Jul 5, 2003
Langton Green
I've just noticed on the club website that a ticket for the QPR game is £22.00. I no longer attend any games but if my memory serves me right this is the price I paid for my first season ticket in the early seventies. Is this purely inflation or is the football that much better these days?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
In the first season that I started paying for my own tickets at the Goldstone £5 used to get you into the North Stand (1989-90).

In my first game in September 1979 it was 50p + 30p for a programme!

In the final dark seasons of the archer reign I used to print my own season tickets and get in for nowt as I couldn't stand to give him money. So prices are much more expensive now :p

Goes without saying that through various means since DK took over this money has more than been ploughed back into the club in various ways. :clap2:

ARCHER OUT!!! :salute:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
My first game was the start of the 91/92 season. I think it was £4 as a junior seagulls member.

Oct 5, 2003
£ 22 much on par with premiership clubs and way too expensive for the average fan/family no wonder attendances are at an ALL TIME LOW! (for Withdean) just look at the Bristol Rov game how many there? easy obviuous you would get in yet so many didnt take opportunity coz why? std football? dick tight chairman? lousy stadium no cover? too expensive? no atmosphere?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
£ 22 much on par with premiership clubs and way too expensive for the average fan/family no wonder attendances are at an ALL TIME LOW! (for Withdean) just look at the Bristol Rov game how many there? easy obviuous you would get in yet so many didnt take opportunity coz why? std football? dick tight chairman? lousy stadium no cover? too expensive? no atmosphere?

I don't why I'm bothering to rise to this but you know all too well that League Cup games are poorly supported in the early rounds. Irrespective of where we held the game it would have been badly attended

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I still look back with fond memories of just turning up on match day ( if had nothing better to do ) and pay £5 or £6 to stand in the North Stand.....

Happy days...but long gone.

Football has got ridiculously expensive, let's be honest. I went along to York City vs Accrington Stanley last week, as I was in York for work. £13 for non-league football - and apparently virtually every club in the Conference is priced at between £10 and £15 nowadays - is obscene.

Quick bit of additional research: the cheapest prices for adults are the terraces at Hereford, Forest Green Rovers, Northwich Victoria and Leigh RMI, at all of which you can get in for £8. :clap: to those clubs.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The thing is, what would most people consider a fair price (not performance based obviously!) for watching the Albion in 2004? I appreciate that prices are hiked at Withdean, but would it be significantly less if we were playing in a Falmer-esque stadium now?

A price of around £12-£13 would see me attend more games than I do currently.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
turning up on the day and paying on the gate is the best way to do it, and I'm convinced would increase our gates

advanced tickets just arent good for business

I think it was around £1 maybe £1.50 in the late 70's when I was a lad and first started going, great days:clap:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Sad thing is for 22 quid you can go to Watford away including train travel for the same amount. Bet its more fun at watford away then QPR at home as well

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
in 1975 it was about 50p to stand on the East Terrace.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't give a monkey's how much the tickets are I'm just pleased to still have a team to watch, it's the price of survival.....maybe

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
dave the gaffer said:
in 1975 it was about 50p to stand on the East Terrace.
You may be able to help me out on this Dave.

Didnt you used to be able to pay something like 50p to switch ends from South Stand to North Stand many moons ago when we both had hair?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
What annoys me is the little sh*ts on here who belittle others for not attending matches when it's these extortionate prices that are the reason people like me (ie married with family, mortgage etc) who are forced to pick and choose when we are able to go. I would love to go to every match WITH my lad but it's just too much dosh.....

.....and relax:angry:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Oscar said:
What annoys me is the little sh*ts on here who belittle others for not attending matches when it's these extortionate prices that are the reason people like me (ie married with family, mortgage etc) who are forced to pick and choose when we are able to go. I would love to go to every match WITH my lad but it's just too much dosh.....

.....and relax:angry:

With you all the way there,but with 2 lads and the CSA to pay as well,it is a big lump out of the pocket week in week out!!

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Ridiculous the price of tickets, but as there is limited seating whatever price they charge we are near enough gonna sell out.

I am dissappointed at the lack of ticket options, no student reductions etc. either adult or child.

Kaney

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
It has become too expensive now. What are the chances prices will be reduced or at least frozen when we move into Falmer. Obviously the stadium will still need to be paid for, but presumably the club would be saving the current charges incurred at Withdean, while hopefully doubling the number of people through the turnstiles?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports