Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***2013 Worlds Hardest Creature Competition- Quarter Finals- Cassowary vs Hippo***

Quarter Final 2

• Cassowary

Votes: 58 50.9%
  • Hippo

Votes: 56 49.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
:facepalm:

The noble bird clawed back to within two but sadly I think the fat lardarse is going to pull away over night :(

I've done all I can to maintain the integrity of this duel. I will now bow out until the deadline has passed. Do the right thing.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The Cassowary is over rated.

It is SHY and AVOIDS CONFRONTATION. It only becomes aggressive when protecting its chicks.

'This bird is very shy and difficult to observe. Usually, it disappears into the dense forest as soon as an intruder approaches.

...open aggressions are not usual and generally, only the threat displays are observed. '

Taken from: Southern Cassowary

The Hippo on the other hand fights anything in its way. Lions, crocodiles, other hippos. Anything. They are highly aggressive (fighting regularly) and unpredictable and not scared of humans. They are agile and fast and very, very strong.

'The large hippo is an aggressive animal; old scars and fresh, deep wounds are signs of daily fights...

Hippos are unpredictable. If they are encountered away from the safety of water, anything that gets between them and their refuge may be bitten or trampled.'

http://www.outtoafrica.nl/animals/enghippo.html

So, lets do a quick check.

Aggression: Hippo wins. (highly aggressive all year round as opposed to only in breeding season)
Strength: Hippo wins(even if scaled down to same size as cassowary)
Loves fighting: Hippo wins(fights every day. Cassowary rarely fights, preferring to run away)
Not scared of humans: Hippos win.(Cassowaries typically run away when confronted with humans. Hippos actively attack)

I'm struggling to see just what the cassowary brings to the table over the hippo other than it's brightly coloured and it looks quite funny seeing a big bird squawk and jump at things.

Vote HIPPO

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
simply clicking on the thread and deciding 'Who would win in a fight between these two? Oh yeah the one 6 times the size of the other.'
Makes sense.
This competition is POUND 4 POUND.
Is it - does it say that somewhere? If so, it's going to be won by a flea, ant, spider or something.

Its about those animals which challenge the boundaries of the food chain and say 'You know what, I don't give a f*** you are built like a brick shithouse and twice the size of me, I'm still going to kick you in the c***'.
Fighting girls isn't tough.

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
Lardy-arsed hippo for me. If they were good enough to be Pablo Escobars guard-animals they get my vote.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This is daft. I am actually, genuinely, repeatedly checking in on this page to see how the vote is going as though it is in some way important.

When does the poll close? The tension is killing me.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
How the hell is the fat clumsy Hippo still in the lead??

I quote from the book "Living Birds of the World" from 1958, ornithologist Thomas E. Gilliard wrote: "The inner or second of the three toes is fitted with a long, straight, murderous nail which can sever an arm or eviscerate an abdomen with ease. There are many records of natives being killed by this bird." This thing is a killing machine!!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This is tight, come on you MOTHER f***ing BIRD. what happens in the event of a draw?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
How the hell is the fat clumsy Hippo still in the lead??

I quote from the book "Living Birds of the World" from 1958, ornithologist Thomas E. Gilliard wrote: "The inner or second of the three toes is fitted with a long, straight, murderous nail which can sever an arm or eviscerate an abdomen with ease. There are many records of natives being killed by this bird." This thing is a killing machine!!

Except there is only one recorded human death caused by a cassowary.

Hippos on the otherhand cause 200plus human deaths a year. Which one really is the killing machine?

Stumpy Tim

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
"During World War II American and Australian troops stationed in New Guinea were warned to steer clear of them" These were battle hardened killing machine troops about to head to the front line and they were told to stay away from them!! Whereas Hippo's are just a joke, thats why there is a Hungry Hippo's game but no Hungry Cassowary's, they would take your arms off if you touched them on the back instead of gobbling like a fat West Street Slapper!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
'This bird is very shy and difficult to observe. Usually, it disappears into the dense forest as soon as an intruder approaches. ' taken from here:

Southern Cassowary

The major threats include vehicle strikes, dog attacks, human interactions, pigs, disease and natural catastrophic events.

Unrestrained and wild dogs are a major cause of cassowary deaths

Domestic dogs can also attack and kill cassowaries when the birds wander into suburban areas seeking food or water.

all taken from here:

Cassowary (Department of Environment and Heritage Protection)

The Cassowary is massively over rated. In fact, it's a bit shit.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
56-57 at the moment!!! Deary me, the TENSION. It's like on I'm A Celeb when Ant and Dec say it's really tight, only, it IS!!

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
"During World War II American and Australian troops stationed in New Guinea were warned to steer clear of them" These were battle hardened killing machine troops about to head to the front line and they were told to stay away from them!! Whereas Hippo's are just a joke, thats why there is a Hungry Hippo's game but no Hungry Cassowary's, they would take your arms off if you touched them on the back instead of gobbling like a fat West Street Slapper!

Have you played Hungry Hippos recently? It's f***ing lethal!

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
One vote in it!! is this really the World's Hardest Animal??? Vote Cassowary!!

Fantasia-disneyscreencaps_com-8275.jpg

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
will someone pop up with a last minute equaliser or will the hippo steal it... its tighter than a nats testicle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here