Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** 2013/14 Ashes series. The official thread ****

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Which he now has, Australia to win!

Hopefully as accurate as the 5-0 prediction in 2005!

IMO we will sneak it, Australia still not good enough and Englands batsmen (Cook Trott et al) who misfired this summer must come good at some point. Wouldn't want to lose Anderson to injury when looking at the bowling however.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going to watch the morning session so do we have a thread per test or is this the one ?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think England will win the series but not exactly sure what will happen score wise, tight but England to win or retain. Anyone got any bets for first test? Like the look of Broad top bowler for England in 1'st innings at 11/4

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm going to stick my neck out here, and state that I believe my money is now with the bookies.

StanJames are refunding these bets, I'd expect others to follow suit.

Away from that stuff, what has happened to the pace of the English bowlers over the summer? Anderson in the first test was bowling average 82-83mph, Tremlett 79-80mph & Broad 84mph, that's an area where the convicts are going to rule all summer as they have 2 consistent 90mph+ bowlers. Tremlett needs to go and gamble on Finn, he's only fast, bouncy bowler we have with that extra yard of pace that makes a difference.

Next test I'd go with

Cook
Carberry
Bell
Pietersen
Root
Prior
Broad
Swann
Finn
Anderson

With someone to replace Trott, not sure I fancy anyone else in the squad to replace Trott hence I have only chose 10 players

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
SEND THEM HOME......NOW

At least Trott has done the decent thing, I think the rest of them should follow before they bring any more shame to the Nation.

I'd sack the ridiculously high number of backroom staff too who bring nothing to the team jusdging by that shambles we've just witnessed.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
SEND THEM HOME......NOW

At least Trott has done the decent thing, I think the rest of them should follow before they bring any more shame to the Nation.

I'd sack the ridiculously high number of backroom staff too who bring nothing to the team jusdging by that shambles we've just witnessed.

Calm down Jesus, one bad test... Goodness me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'd promote Stokes in place of Trott. I'd also keep faith with Tremlett; his control was decent in that first innings, and had the batsmen posted 400 rather than 136 I'm sure he would have bowled well in the second innings too. Of course, the right option would have been to have James Taylor on tour in the first place ahead of Balance.

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
2nd Test starts tonight, a must win match.
Bumble has tweeted that the pitch is very dry and we may play Swanny and Monty.

I suppose he could always piss on it to moisten it up a bit

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
2nd Test starts tonight, a must win match.
Bumble has tweeted that the pitch is very dry and we may play Swanny and Monty.

I suppose he could always piss on it to moisten it up a bit

Are we allowed to BOO Panesar's fielding and batting now that he has left God's Own County for the Chavs? :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here