Australia, Ireland, Italy, Russia, United States
Pool D
South Africa, Wales, Fiji, Manu Samoa, Namibia

Fixtures

BBC Sport - Rugby Union - Rugby World Cup 2011: Full draw and fixtures

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
4am friday kick off for first match here in Canada. I am looking forward it needless to say! My old Rugby coach is in NZ for 2 months for the world cup. With France and New Zealand in our group it will be tough for us to get out of the group.

Shanker45

Jan 19, 2010
East Preston,West Sussex
Really looking forward to it. Hard to look past NZ but they have choked recently and under a lot of pressure. Would be pleased if England make the semis which will not be easy but a positive performance against the Pumas on Saturday will get us on our way.Good to see the England matches are on Saturday's and at a reasonable time.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
cant wait for this, really hope we make the final again, but it will be hard, but look at 4 years ago, Come on England

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
England are peaking at the right time AGAIN and I can see them being there or there abouts at the end of it. Best of the northern sides currently, have the players to win the big matches and the right no 1 in big MJ......................

Aussies to be our main threat. IMHO

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Thanks Newhaven Gull, Im really looking forward to it. Should fit in well with new baby keeping me up all night. This thread is about the same size as the build up output from ITV - I cannot believe its not been trailed better - it is after all one of the biggest sports events in the world. Usual ITV rubbish.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Thanks Newhaven Gull, Im really looking forward to it. Should fit in well with new baby keeping me up all night. This thread is about the same size as the build up output from ITV - I cannot believe its not been trailed better - it is after all one of the biggest sports events in the world. Usual ITV rubbish.

Lots of stuff on ITV4 mate

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think England actually look in very good condition for this, the question is will the All Blacks choke or finally make it happen.

If they do go tits up in their own back yard it will be a huge f*** up.

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
I don't think the current England side are strong enough to challenge. Recent laboured wins are the evidence. Australia winning the TriNations has put the cat amongst the, well Kiwi bird... I thought it would be quite straight forward for the All Blacks, but I'm not so sure now.

Looking forward to attending Harlequins v Northampton at the Stoop on Friday, then up on Saturday for the pumas.

I'm pleased the World Cup has turned up at this time. Quins aren't very affected by call ups! We could have a good start to the season.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
England: Ben Foden, Chris Ashton, Manu Tuilagi, Mike Tindall (captain), Delon Armitage, Jonny Wilkinson, Richard Wigglesworth, Andrew Sheridan, Steve Thompson, Dan Cole, Louis Deacon, Courtney Lawes, Tom Croft, James Haskell, Nick Easter.

Replacements: Dylan Hartley, Matt Stevens, Tom Palmer, Tom Wood, Ben Youngs, Toby Flood, Matt Banahan.

That is a strong England team, and look at the bench, they could all start and we would not complain, if they can keep the key guys fit, then England can go a very long way, huge game Saturday, winners should top the pool and have an easier route to the final, if results go as expected elsewhere, Lose and it could be curtains come 1/4 final stage.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I read in the Metro that England are 18/1 to win the WC, which amounts to 9/1 to get into the final where they would probably get THRASHED by New Zealand, or lose by a closer margin to South Africa if NZ bottle it.

Considering England should easily get out of their group (even with Argentina in it), then will probably play France and then Australia before the final, I think that 9/1 looks quite generous. Australia might expect to beat us but we've turned them over in recent tests, so I still reckon that England bet represents VALUE.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Australia for me.

I did think England had a really good chance but the squad he picked is odd. We've got Hape, Armitage and Banahan covering all of the back 5. That's a bit dicey anyway but when you've Tindall, Ashton and Cueto all with knocks and Tuilagi's so inexperienced it's just insane. especially when you look at the quality we've left being like Simpson-Daniel, Strettle, Barrit, Allen, Tait, Sharples, Monye

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
There was a previous thread about the RWC where i tipped Ireland to cause an upset at some point, either v Australia in the group stage or v South Africa, if we get them in the QF.

4 dire warm-up defeats later and i'm seriously worried about playing Italy :nono:....... feck it i'm going to stick with my original prediction anyway. There's nothing like blind faith eh.

Got some Kiwis here at work and they're worried about their build up, esp losing the Tri Nations to Australia. They're not fussed about England though - only Aus and SA, and perhaps their nemsis France.

Despite the choker tag, its got to be an All Black win come the final.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Really looking forward to this. Great opener for England playing the Pumas. Will be watching this on Saturday morning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports