Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2011 Rugby World Cup * official thread*

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Anyone else doing an all-nighter tonight? My Welsh mate and I are staying up drinking until 04.30, then watching both games (assuming we're both haven't passed out by then). Could be an interesting night...

That's one of the least appealing ideas i've ever heard!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Anyone else up then? Sufficiently pissed/wired on pro plus and well up for the Wales, then England matches

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
That was an awesome game for having no tries. It really makes it so tri-nations are on one side of the draw and a lot of the European teams on the other (as long as ireland don't bottle their remaining games). Highly likely to see one of France / England / Ireland / Wales in the final which is nice. Even Samoa or another slightly less fancied team has a good shot of putting together a couple of good games on that side of the draw.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Anyone else doing an all-nighter tonight? My Welsh mate and I are staying up drinking until 04.30, then watching both games (assuming we're both haven't passed out by then). Could be an interesting night...

So have you made it?

Oi wake up!!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
It really makes it so tri-nations are on one side of the draw and a lot of the European teams on the other (as long as ireland don't bottle their remaining games). Highly likely to see one of France / England / Ireland / Wales in the final which is nice. Even Samoa or another slightly less fancied team has a good shot of putting together a couple of good games on that side of the draw.

Any chance the Springboks might throw a group game from here?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
If they had any brains they would. So no.

Good buddy of mine is a Saffer. Keep text teasing him about that Aussie result!!

Still all they have to do is beat Australia then New Zealand and they will get the chance to play us in the final!

Cant help thinking they might not try very hard against Samoa now though!

Steencamp must be the freakiest looking player in this World Cup. Gotta love those Afrikaans!!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Good buddy of mine is a Saffer. Keep text teasing him about that Aussie result!!

Still all they have to do is beat Australia then New Zealand and they will get the chance to play us in the final!

Cant help thinking they might not try very hard against Samoa now though!

Steencamp must be the freakiest looking player in this World Cup. Gotta love those Afrikaans!!

Yes, there was a lot of jubilation here when that result came about. But I think the realisation has begun to set in... I would be surprised if they did throw the Samoan result, but you never know. One of the locals keeps bragging that he is going to the QF's, Semi's and Final and I have been saying all along that SA almost certainly wont be going to all of those, so this is now more ammunition for me!!

Gotta love those Afrikaans? No comment, other than I have never seen so many enormous people as I have with Afrikaaners. 6ft 4 and 25 stone appears to be the norm (and that's just the women!!)

All I will say is the freakiest I have seen is Bismark du Plessis's brother, who I am sure is wider than he is tall!! The Sharks squad were up here training and some of them came in my shop - even J P Pietersen, who looks small compared to the forwards, is enormous! They did not buy anything from me though as I own a book shop - enough said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here