Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2007 Best Gig

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Utter utter bollocks. What difference does it make how old the band are, or when they wrote the tracks? I can't believe you have the front to call someone a music snob earlier in this thread then come out with that shite. You're the music snob here.

Seeing a DJ, wherever, is NOT a gig. OOh I can sequence tracks on my laptop. I can use the crossfade facility on this software., I can stand here for two hours and press play then play solitaire for the rest of the time and you'll all worship my greatness, like the sheep you are.

f*** THAT.

spot on.

Definative proof you haven't got a f***ing clue what you're on about, sorry. Actually attempt to *use* some of this software before you make an idiotic statement like that in future, OK?

Go f*** yourself you patronsing arse. What makes you think I haven't used or seen any of this stuff? It is actually as simple as that for a "gig" all the hard work is done beforehand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Definative proof you haven't got a f***ing clue what you're on about, sorry. Actually attempt to *use* some of this software before you make an idiotic statement like that in future, OK?
Are you being serious? Are you telling us that it counts as a gig because the "DJ" knows how to operate the shuffle (somebody elses music) feature on the software he's using?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Anyway, Muzik went spectacularly out of business if I remember - being interviewed for the editor of a sinking ship isn't something to boast about.

Muzik died because they didn't hire me. Obviously.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's an interesting point. When is it a 'gig' and when is it a 'disco'? (I know MYOB won't approve of the terms but hopefully he'll understand the references).

PS: I didn't go to ANY gigs in 2007 - apart from watching my 14 year old son's band play. All highbrow classical concerts, ballet and opera for me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Utter utter bollocks. What difference does it make how old the band are, or when they wrote the tracks? I can't believe you have the front to call someone a music snob earlier in this thread then come out with that shite. You're the music snob here.

Seeing a DJ, wherever, is NOT a gig. OOh I can sequence tracks on my laptop. I can use the crossfade facility on this software., I can stand here for two hours and press play then play solitaire for the rest of the time and you'll all worship my greatness, like the sheep you are.

f*** THAT.

What he said.

I don't think you'd find many people supporting the idea that a bloke banging a few keys on a computer and inserting some CDs into a player is any sort of live music.

f*** THAT.

I heartily endorse the above sentiment. Good point, well made.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
..just worked out I did 25 gigs this year (festivals count as one and only gigs Concorde 2 size and over are counted....seen some lesser known/local bands in bars and things. Oh, no DJs either....that would put it well into the 30s).

A great year for live music.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Seconded :thumbsup:

Also enjoyed FBS & David Guetta & (for about the first hour and a half) The Cuban Brothers.

Oh, and The Mighty Diamonds at Komedia were ancient and gorgeous. Attila could do a lot worse than pay tribute to The Mighty Diamonds by playing their finest hit at Withdean. Title: 'I Need A Roof (Over My Head)'.

Quality, not quantity innit

Our boy David Guetta just been announced as headliner for Capital FM Summer Ball.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Great thread! Proper old-school binfest with some top-notch ranting by Nibble.

EDIT: And my 14-year old son is now 31! 😲

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He must be great fun at parties.
colin_800.jpg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I've had enough of you you massive twat. I hope one day I meet you cos I'm going to take your f***ing skull apart. I will absaloutley f***ing destroy you, you little shit. Let's see how f***ing gobby you are then you f***ing ****. Sad arse motherfucker. I cannot wait to meet you and stove your f***ing head in.

You haven't got a f***ing clue who I am or what I am like yet you constantly dig at me. If you want a f***ing pop at Les, go ahead but you bring me into your pathetic little world once more I will f*** you up.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:thumbsup:

Best gig of the year, by far!!! Even if I did break my finger and get a black eye :lol:
Hold on. You would have been about 12 when this thread started.

Anyway. Nibble's flounce has be the greatest ever. And they would have a few top 5 candidates in this thread alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here