Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2007 Best Gig

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
No the pier gig was ruined by the fact that the got some buffoon to record the event for their website.......footage has strangely never materialised though??

Yes it has! There is a 2 second bit of Tubby footage on the T-Mobile bit on their website so big jobs to you! I will post the link in a minute.

Its a mystery what happened to the rest of the footage though.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I only went about thrice to things. :(
Beirut were cool to see. Very enjoyable and playful, and snooby art-skoolish too.
I saw the Shins, but they were pretty much playing their cd note for note, so was a tad drab and plasticised homely too.
Being at the Green Man Festival was the musical treat with performances by Bill Calahan, Malcolm Middleton, Joanna Newsom, Arbouretum, Clinic, Fridge's last ever play together and others i fail to remember. Good times though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good to see Nibble is such fine fettle today.

I forgot to say how much I enjoyed The Foals at Bestival. Go see them.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Funnily enough, I saw Picotto play before he released his first record (when you were still in shorts).

Meaning you're old.

Still doesn't prevent the fact that they are as much a "gig" as anything else listed on this thread.

Anyway, Muzik went spectacularly out of business if I remember - being interviewed for the editor of a sinking ship isn't something to boast about.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Meaning you're old.

Still doesn't prevent the fact that they are as much a "gig" as anything else listed on this thread.

Anyway, Muzik went spectacularly out of business if I remember - being interviewed for the editor of a sinking ship isn't something to boast about.

The Djs youve listed though are utter trance garbage though. And Id never compare a bloke playing somebody elses records and cds as a proper gig, thats blatently ridiculous imo.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
The Djs youve listed though are utter trance garbage though. And Id never compare a bloke playing somebody elses records and cds as a proper gig, thats blatently ridiculous imo.

As goes their talent/music/etc - that's your opinion

As goes playing "someone elses records and cds", have you actually seen Paul van Dyk, or (not that he's particularly good), Tiesto playing live? Not a CD in sight. PvD uses Ableton and keyboards; Tiesto uses Serato; both are capable of replacing playing live.

Hence its a gig.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ableton/Serato blah blah, its still on the whole mixing other peoples tunes and samples together. Watching a dj using only a Laptop and no turntables is an awful experience in my opinion, extremely dull, and no way of knowing how much of it is just pre programmed at home before the gig.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Watching a dj using only a Laptop and no turntables is an awful experience in my opinion, extremely dull, and no way of knowing how much of it is just pre programmed at home before the gig.

Once again, *your opinion*, which again does not prevent it being a gig - which is what wozza is claiming its not.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I dont think a cheesy DJ playing in a club is a gig either so I agree with Wozza.

Again, "cheesy" is your opinion. Tens of thousands of people fail to agree with you, the 170,000 average UK audience of the trance shows on RaptureTV failed to agree with you, and so on.

Also, who said those venues were necessarily clubs? Shane's Castle is, as the name would suggest, a castle - albeit a ruined one.

A DJ performing their own compositions live, like PvD does, is every bit as much if not more of a gig as some wrinkly grandads poorly performing tracks they wrote 30 years ago, or some boyband/girlband singing to a sequenced backing track, which seem to be frequent examples cropping up in this thread.

Last edited:

A DJ performing their own compositions live, like PvD does, is every bit as much if not more of a gig as some wrinkly grandads poorly performing tracks they wrote 30 years ago, or some boyband/girlband singing to a sequenced backing track, which seem to be frequent examples cropping up in this thread.

Utter utter bollocks. What difference does it make how old the band are, or when they wrote the tracks? I can't believe you have the front to call someone a music snob earlier in this thread then come out with that shite. You're the music snob here.

Seeing a DJ, wherever, is NOT a gig. OOh I can sequence tracks on my laptop. I can use the crossfade facility on this software., I can stand here for two hours and press play then play solitaire for the rest of the time and you'll all worship my greatness, like the sheep you are.

f*** THAT.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
KSA, I think you're being harsh. MYOB's experiences certainly do count as gigs because the laptop used by the DJ probably *wasn't* an Apple.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I can use the crossfade facility on this software., I can stand here for two hours and press play then play solitaire for the rest of the time and you'll all worship my greatness, like the sheep you are.

Definative proof you haven't got a f***ing clue what you're on about, sorry. Actually attempt to *use* some of this software before you make an idiotic statement like that in future, OK?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here