Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20-30 tonight. Lockdown

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Inevitable and needed. A clear set of instructions that even the dumbest among us can undertsand.

But, Christ, it feels weird doesn't it? All of us, ordered by the Government to subject ourselves to virtual house arrest. I fully support the reasons and will comply fully, but that deosn't stop it feeling completely surreal. The very idea that I just can't jump in my car and go where I want, or see who I want. The fact that these four walls and my garden will be pretty much my entire world for the foreseeable future. Not through choice or incapacity, but because the governnment have said so.

Yup, tonight the world feels very strange. Good luck everybody.

Absolutely agree, and when this passes we will all hopefully appreciate the things we’ve always taken for granted.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
We are living history right now

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

I was thinking just that earlier today as it happens. One day, in years to come, my future grandchildren may be studying this at school and coming round to see grand-dad to ask what it was like living through the great pandemic of 2020.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
What are the penalties if your found wandering the streets without good and legal cause.

It wouldn't make much sense to lock up a bunch of people in jail together. I would think they will make sure you go home and stay isolated there.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not gone far enough . In France you need to fill out a form to go out . Here u can go out for exercise . So what happens if all those that live in London still all piss off to the parks ? No change ! Total lockdown was and is the only way apart from emergency services and nhs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought this was meant to stop so many dying. I wouldn't rate my mums chances of lasting it out and by your ideas she should be left to starve?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Hmm. What about separated parents who only see their kids occasionally. Earlier today that was under essential travel.

Now. Not so sure [emoji3525]

My daughter was due to be with me this past weekend but, due to social distancing, I didn’t see her and won’t expect to until we are out of the woods.

Ridiculously tough as it is, “mixing households” is how the spread will happen, and we have to do what we can.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
surely they don't mean I can't go into the garden?

You were telling me a short while ago you’d got your country back. Now you don’t even know if you can go in your garden :lolol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
In France you’re just self-certificating aren’t you?

So you print out the form and tick the “out for exercise” box. Only if you have already filed a form saying the same thing earlier in the same day could any action be taken.

I agree that this doesn’t seem to really stop a zillion people all heading to Devils Dyke and the like at the same time though:

- single household group
- our for one permitted exercise of the day

...just a whole load of groups same time and same place.

Doesn’t pass the essential travel test, I guess, but a lot of places are walkable for large numbers of people.

Yes we are self certifying ourselves but we are restricted to walks of 1 to 2 kilometres and not on bikes. If I walk up the lane with my dog but without my printed and self certified form I am liable to a fine.

At the moment I'm not allowed to visit my partner who lives 3 kilometres away and this could go on for months.

I was in the process of putting a new ceiling in my bedroom and have all the materials ready.....except plasterboard screws.All the DIY shops here are closed. Now I just look up at the roof tiles in bed and the occasional visit from an owl....lol.

The lock down really is different.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This may disperse the queues. Forty outside my local pharmacy this afternoon. Why?

I hope you are staying safe and have local support, given that you have reported respiratory issues previously. A sense of humour keeps up the white blood cell count and exercise elevates the mood. NSC (and individuals on it) am* your friend.

*Power over grammar should be limited during these troubled times, and I am showing the way. Fact.

Yes. As a pedestrian I will combine my exercise of a four-mile round trip to get essential medication. Since giving up smoking last April, my lungs are a lot healthier, thanks mate. Anybody getting in the way needlessly will be snapped on my camera phone and potentially reported to the police. I'm bloody sick of these selfish morons who have got us into a communist country. Let's all pull together on this and have strict discipline for everyone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hmm. What about separated parents who only see their kids occasionally. Earlier today that was under essential travel.

Now. Not so sure [emoji3525]
I'd like to know the answer to this because on face value it doesn't look like I'm seeing my little one ( 4yr ) for at least 3 weeks :nono:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I must admit, I do envy your hanging gardens of Babylon allotment. Winter greens? My curly Kale is gone, mostly due to intractable white fly. Still. in a few weeks I will be supplying my neighbours with the Finest asparagus known to man.

Take care of yourself.

Cheers chap, I'm not even sure if we'll be allowed to go up the plot, under the new restrictions, as we are about a mile away from it.
Walking up there is fine, but staying and doing any work will be another thing, there's always someone who'll report....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cheers chap, I'm not even sure if we'll be allowed to go up the plot, under the new restrictions, as we are about a mile away from it.
Walking up there is fine, but staying and doing any work will be another thing, there's always someone who'll report....

I can’t see why not.....keep distance from anyone etc

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Inevitable and needed. A clear set of instructions that even the dumbest among us can undertsand.

But, Christ, it feels weird doesn't it? All of us, ordered by the Government to subject ourselves to virtual house arrest. I fully support the reasons and will comply fully, but that deosn't stop it feeling completely surreal. The very idea that I just can't jump in my car and go where I want, or see who I want. The fact that these four walls and my garden will be pretty much my entire world for the foreseeable future. Not through choice or incapacity, but because the governnment have said so.
Are you absolutely sure you've got the garden? It's not at all clear .....................................

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Same here car booked in for a service and MOT tomorrow. Nothing about garages being closed. What do I do its not as though there will be any social interaction? Bit of a dilemma so does anybody have any views?

Not sure how they can close garages when “essential” workers will need their car repaired

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
In France you’re just self-certificating aren’t you?

So you print out the form and tick the “out for exercise” box. Only if you have already filed a form saying the same thing earlier in the same day could any action be taken.

I agree that this doesn’t seem to really stop a zillion people all heading to Devils Dyke and the like at the same time though:

- single household group
- our for one permitted exercise of the day

...just a whole load of groups same time and same place.

Doesn’t pass the essential travel test, I guess, but a lot of places are walkable for large numbers of people.

The fear in surrounding villages where I live is it could become lawless to a degree where You hardly see a policeman any way even less so now . Police guy on sky just said all resources now focused on this and most other crime overlooked . Said already a lot of police are off sick army will have to step in to help not enough officers to enforce these new laws !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

People peering through net curtains with binoculars? ???

I think that gathering Essential Vegetables for the local community will not have you thrown into Ruislip gaol dungeon. Not even if inessential vegetables among your community think it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here