Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

20-30 tonight. Lockdown

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What are the penalties if your found wandering the streets without good and legal cause.

In France it is 135 euros minmum....and they have given out thousands of fines from day one.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There’s nothing that has just been announced that means we have to change anything about the way we’ve been living for a few days now.

I take comfort from that, but there are a whole load of selfish, stupid, arrogant ****wits out there - I hope they finally listen and act.

This. Nothing Boris said tonight will mean tomorrow will be different than yesterday for me.

If the morons among us had listened, he wouldn’t even have needed to do it.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Undoubtedly not the most pressing or issues but my car is due an MOT in the next few weeks. If the test centres shut, as it sounds like they will, does that mean I’d be expected not to drive? Surely it will be ok to keep driving (on essential journeys of course) in these extraordinary circumstances.

Bought a nice Clio March last year 38k miles now 42k in 12 months passed the MoT WITH NO 'warning's' and at £45.:clap:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Undoubtedly not the most pressing or issues but my car is due an MOT in the next few weeks. If the test centres shut, as it sounds like they will, does that mean I’d be expected not to drive? Surely it will be ok to keep driving (on essential journeys of course) in these extraordinary circumstances.

Good question.....i have my brothers car at my house ( he lives in France) the MOT is booked for Saturday it runs out on 31st.....therefore the car cant be taxed....do I have to move it off the road? of will the DVLA still be clamping untaxed cars? not really key workers are they? First world problems I know.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Not gone far enough . In France you need to fill out a form to go out . Here u can go out for exercise . So what happens if all those that live in London still all piss off to the parks ? No change ! Total lockdown was and is the only way apart from emergency services and nhs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Inevitable and needed. A clear set of instructions that even the dumbest among us can undertsand.

But, Christ, it feels weird doesn't it? All of us, ordered by the Government to subject ourselves to virtual house arrest. I fully support the reasons and will comply fully, but that deosn't stop it feeling completely surreal. The very idea that I just can't jump in my car and go where I want, or see who I want. The fact that these four walls and my garden will be pretty much my entire world for the foreseeable future. Not through choice or incapacity, but because the governnment have said so.

Yup, tonight the world feels very strange. Good luck everybody.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I can't answer your question, but here in Arizona the Governor just signed an executive order that automatically extends a driver's license that expires between March 1 and September 6 2020 by six months - MVD limiting all in-person appointments amid coronavirus outbreak

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013

Same here car booked in for a service and MOT tomorrow. Nothing about garages being closed. What do I do its not as though there will be any social interaction? Bit of a dilemma so does anybody have any views?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well said Mike :thumbsup:

I must admit, I do envy your hanging gardens of Babylon allotment. Winter greens? My curly Kale is gone, mostly due to intractable white fly. Still. in a few weeks I will be supplying my neighbours with the Finest asparagus known to man.

Take care of yourself.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Inevitable and needed. A clear set of instructions that even the dumbest among us can undertsand.

But, Christ, it feels weird doesn't it? All of us, ordered by the Government to subject ourselves to virtual house arrest. I fully support the reasons and will comply fully, but that deosn't stop it feeling completly surreal. The very idea that I just can't jump in my car and go where I want, or see who I want. The fact that these four wallsand my garden will be pretty much my entire world for the oreseeable future. Not through choice or incapacity, but because the govenrnment have said so.

We are living history right now

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Trying to find this out, mine is booked in for Friday, will emergency extensions be granted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not gone far enough . In France you need to fill out a form to go out . Here u can go out for exercise . So what happens if all those that live in London still all piss off to the parks ? No change ! Total lockdown was and is the only way apart from emergency services and nhs .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In France you’re just self-certificating aren’t you?

So you print out the form and tick the “out for exercise” box. Only if you have already filed a form saying the same thing earlier in the same day could any action be taken.

I agree that this doesn’t seem to really stop a zillion people all heading to Devils Dyke and the like at the same time though:

- single household group
- our for one permitted exercise of the day

...just a whole load of groups same time and same place.

Doesn’t pass the essential travel test, I guess, but a lot of places are walkable for large numbers of people.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Hmm. What about separated parents who only see their kids occasionally. Earlier today that was under essential travel.

Now. Not so sure [emoji3525]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

But, Christ, it feels weird doesn't it? All of us, ordered by the Government to subject ourselves to virtual house arrest. I fully support the reasons and will comply fully, but that deosn't stop it feeling completly surreal. The very idea that I just can't jump in my car and go where I want, or see who I want. The fact that these four wallsand my garden will be pretty much my entire world for the oreseeable future. Not through choice or incapacity, but because the govenrnment have said so.

Never thought the ultimate dystopia would feel this good eh?

I long for it as well... even though a small part of me is going to think - "shit, this is the worldwide, massive microchipping, prison planet, totalitarian 1984 scenario I've feared all my grown life" - until everything is back to normal, I'm just very happy at the moment since we've been imitating your decisions.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Hmm. What about separated parents who only see their kids occasionally. Earlier today that was under essential travel.

Now. Not so sure [emoji3525]

I'm intrigued by that answer. An in law has supervised contact with her kids a t a contact centre

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good question!

Still cant find answers to what I need to know
You're not the only one! (see above for starters).

'Stay at home' - does 'my home' include the garden? Surely it must. Got my text from HM Govt. just now to tell me I'm one of the 1.5M on a 12 week stay at home stint - it says I can open my windows(!) - surely they don't mean I can't go into the garden?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Who...other than me....will be counting how many times I go shopping, go for my run, go for my prescription etc. per day. I’m too health and community conscious to do it, but I expect some might.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here