2 year old shoots dead mother in USA

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
A two year old child has apparently shot dead his mother with a hand gun he found in her handbag while shopping in WallMart, presumably loaded and with the safety off. It's a tragedy but FFS: stupid gun laws + stupid people = needless deaths.

USA sort yourselves out!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6737590 said:
A two year old child has apparently shot dead his mother with a hand gun he found in her handbag while shopping in WallMart, presumably loaded and with the safety off. It's a tragedy but FFS: stupid gun laws + stupid people = needless deaths.

USA sort yourselves out!

Try changing the Americans right on guns and there will be civil war

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6737590 said:

USA sort yourselves out!

It's not a tragedy, its entirely predictable. If someone does a first ever charity sky dive and dies because the chute fails, that's a tragedy, if they have done several hundred jumps and one goes wrong, that's predictable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Her father-in-law said when interview 'it should have been ok the purse she had has a specifically designed compartment for concealed weapons. :facepalm: :shrug:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It's not a tragedy, its entirely predictable. If someone does a first ever charity sky dive and dies because the chute fails, that's a tragedy, if they have done several hundred jumps and one goes wrong, that's predictable.

Nah - not for me. A tradegy is an occurrence that causes great suffering/distress. I don't imagine her family/friends (and especially the kid when older) will suffer any less by rationalising how predictable the event was.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hey even a two year old has the right to defend themselves you assholes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nah - not for me. A tradegy is an occurrence that causes great suffering/distress. I don't imagine her family/friends (and especially the kid when older) will suffer any less by rationalising how predictable the event was.

It's not a tradegy either.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
It's not a tradegy either.

Depends how you choose to define 'great suffering': the intensity of distress for individuals and/or the number of people distressed etc. I'm pretty sure it feels tragic to her nearest and dearest.

Oh...I get you :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
More guns per person in Canada, <5% less gun crime/incidents p/p.
That's the only way I look at it to be honest.

but the ownership is different, they tend to own hunting rifles and not allowed to carry them to the supermarket.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
More guns per person in Canada, <5% less gun crime/incidents p/p.
That's the only way I look at it to be honest.

Then i suggest you need to be a little more sophisticated about it but I think you're right in your instinct that the problem is not gun ownership, but attitudes to guns thats at issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports