Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 year old shoots dead mother in USA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nothing to do with the Gun laws, just look at Canada.

It's just the quantity of fecking stupid Americans that's the issue imo.
There are plenty of stupid Brits[SUP]1[/SUP] as well, but this sort of thing doesn't happen here because of our gun laws.

1. Source: NSC

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
but the ownership is different, they tend to own hunting rifles and not allowed to carry them to the supermarket.

Then i suggest you need to be a little more sophisticated about it but I think you're right in your instinct that the problem is not gun ownership, but attitudes to guns thats at issue.

Both correct to be honest.
Whole thing is a mess but unlikely to ever change, unfortunately.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In this case it is. Canadian gun laws are much sticter than they are in the US. In Canada the woman would not have had a concealed weapon permit.

I don't think that's true. There are differences but not huge differences.

It's a cultural thing that is the source of problems.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I don't think that's true. There are differences but not huge differences.

It's a cultural thing that is the source of problems.

The late Robin Williams had gun control sorted out "Let everyone have a gun but make the bullets $50,000 each "

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Remarkable to think that people let infants/children anywhere near a firearm, let alone sitting on top of one.

A horrible story and the boy will grow up without his mother because he killed her. Now that is something that will be tough to come to terms with I'd imagine(!)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Over the years I think I've worked out the general gun lobby response to these incidents. Shouldn't the mother have had ANOTHER gun on her person, which she could have used to defend herself against the 2 Yr-old?

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
So, a 3 yr old last time, now a two year old....what odds a 1 yr. old to complete the hat-trick?

Seriously, what a crackpot state of affairs and messed up society that is! Why does a young mother need to Walmart shop with a hidden gun?

Imagine going into your local Sainsburys/Tesco etc knowing that half the nutters you see in there had concealed guns on them!!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nothing to do with the Gun laws, just look at Canada.

It's just the quantity of fecking stupid Americans that's the issue imo.

You're actually not far off the mark. It's the paranoia that there are bad guys everywhere and that you're life is in danger to the extent that you need to take a weapon with you for something as everyday as a trip to Wall Mart FFS.

It shouldn't, but some of the people in that country ****ing annoy me with their stupidity and ignorance.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
So, a 3 yr old last time, now a two year old....what odds a 1 yr. old to complete the hat-trick?

Seriously, what a crackpot state of affairs and messed up society that is! Why does a young mother need to Walmart shop with a hidden gun?

Imagine going into your local Sainsburys/Tesco etc knowing that half the nutters you see in there had concealed guns on them!!

This must be the post of a man who has never been in a Walmart. It's war out there son. I prefer the more sensible approach when it comes to Walmart: Don't ****ing go there.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6737590 said:
A two year old child has apparently shot dead his mother with a hand gun he found in her handbag while shopping in WallMart, presumably loaded and with the safety off.

You wonder whether that child will grow up forever feeling personally guilty about killing his mother, or resent his mother for making it possible for the accident to happen.

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Nah - not for me. A tradegy is an occurrence that causes great suffering/distress. I don't imagine her family/friends (and especially the kid when older) will suffer any less by rationalising how predictable the event was.

They will feel grief, but what you are describing is fatalism.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A horrible story and the boy will grow up without his mother because he killed her. Now that is something that will be tough to come to terms with I'd imagine(!)
You're only looking at the negatives. He's well ahead of his rivals when it comes to leading a gang and bragging rights.

If I were having to be serious for a minute, I'd suggest he's just told his mum died in an accident. Not that I want to think about it seriously, it's too sad, so I'm going to stick to taking the piss out of the yanks and their stupid gun laws.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
The pro-gun law in America dates back to civil war times when neighbouring states might just turn up with an army. Totally irrelevant today in the context it was meant.

I have always wondered if you ran for president on a ticket of:
No hand guns
No automatic guns
No guns at all in built up areas

Would you get enough support to win? I think maybe. I can't believe the general population is as pro-gun as the spokesmen we see on TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here