Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 year cycle at Palace ends this season

Yes I know, yet ANOTHER Palace thread, but this one makes for some interesting reading.

The Fat one was asked what Parish meant when interviewed on Talksport regarding a 2 year cycle at the club coming to an end, his reply is quite frank regarding their finances.

Today, 12:26 PM

CPFC2010
4 Palace Fans

What Steve meant is that we (the owners) will put our hands in our pockets for 2 years to finance the club's losses but then we need to look at balancing the books.

This year's wage bill / transfer budget means that we expect to lose about £5 million at the end of the financial year. That is obviously not something that we can do every season, it's just not sustainable.

We'll look at the situation at the end of the season but no decision has been made at this stage.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Premier League or bust.

Well no. It just means that Zaha will be off in the summer if not before.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Fortunately they'll be able to balance the books by selling Zaha for £99,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fortunately they'll be able to balance the books by selling Zaha for £99,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
In fairness to Palace, they appear to be experts in talking up their players' worth, so they'll probably have the last laugh.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Who's been cycling for 2 years?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Blimey. This thread has been up for 2 hours and a Seaside clone hasn't been on to refute this and spread the spin and propaganda.

One defeat at Leeds, eh? Perhaps they are too nervous about Saturday.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
It's not exactly news to us in SE25 that reliance on the benevolence of wealthy owners is no recipe for long-term financial stability. Thankfully we have new owners who are prepared to face up to the implications of this rather than just stick everything on the tab.

I can see that this might be a rather worrying concept for you lot however, so feel free to avoid making any uncomfortable comparisons.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's not exactly news to us in SE25 that reliance on the benevolence of wealthy owners is no recipe for long-term financial stability. Thankfully we have new owners who are prepared to face up to the implications of this rather than just stick everything on the tab.

I can see that this might be a rather worrying concept for you lot however, so feel free to avoid making any uncomfortable comparisons.

The last sentence shows you know very little about the circumstances from which we've recovered, or the current set up financially at Brighton.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It's a complete non story by the looks of things.

They are a business and they are losing £5m a year, of course that isn't sustainable. Wouldn't be for any business.

Then you can speculate what the final sentence means all you like. My guess is they'll look at what division they are in and make a call on how they balance the books. It's certainly not premier league or bust as they can sell Zaha and dare I say it Murray.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

And we are currently selling 10,000 more match tickets than you nah nah nah nah nah

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Bye bye Zahahahaha

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Out of curiosity can anyone explain how they've lost £5m? That seems like a rather large amount for a mid-table Championship club (in terms of average position during 2012). Is it the wages?

Making up that deficit from academy sales every single year seems like a very tall order.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

I assume you are referring to the £100 million odd of unsecured interest-free loans that Tony Bloom has made to the Albion for the construction of the Amex and the training ground?

Now re-read the above sentence very carefully and tell me why Brighton and Hove Albion FC should be worried.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Congratulations. I'm sure that you get a nice warm glow from seeing your name at the top of the average attendance table. Do you have it bookmarked?

No and we probably will be beaten, Revenue will go down when we are struggling but also if we were in your position we may average more than at present. You of course will label our new support "Plastic". We will wait to see your "Plastics" emerge if you reach The Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here