Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 2 nights ago my Grandson committed suicide MIND Charity

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Someone recently started a thread asking what NSC was for.
Part of my reply was that it was somewhere to share your troubles. This thread shows what I meant. The thoughtful responses from our NSC family on here will I'm sure, help in a big way.
I send my deepest sympathy.
Small donation made.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
God, Tony, that is just so awful. My boys are 23 and 21, so I can fully relate to your feelings for Michael. I am just so sad for you and your son. All the best.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You and your family have my deepest condolences at this painful time. I would urge you to as suggested use mind and other such groups, sadly suicide and suicidal thoughts are more prevalent than you may think. Personally I have known two close friends take their own lives, and only last year my brothers 12 year old son tried to take his life, thankfully he was found in time. Please be vigilant around people we know and love especially at these strange times.

Be kind people x

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
When my Daughter took her own life two years ago I know you left some kind comments for me.
My thoughts are with you and your family and I wish you all the best in the worst of times.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Shit, that’s terrible.

It always seems trite to say thinking of you at this time, but I hope you understand I do mean it.

Life is crap enough at the moment without this extra burden to carry!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for sharing that with us. My very best wishes.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It is only now I can bring myself to talk about it publicly, 2 nights ago my young grandson went into some local woods and hung himself from a tree! as if this world is not bad enough at the moment! he was just 23 a very young 23 to be honest and as far as we were concerned he was ok, we knew he had girlfriend problems but nothing that any of us would probably not gone through years ago.

My Son, obviously his Father, went to the tree that he hung himself from today, he rung me from the spot, crying his eyes out but he said he just had to go there to try and find out why? needless to say he found no answers but he laid a bunch of flowers at the bottom of the tree and it helped him a bit i guess.

My wife and I are broken people at the moment, we sort of bought him up from a young age and i suppose in many ways we treated him more like a son, but he was always our first Grandson and we were so proud of him, it goes without saying other close members of my family are devastated as well.

maybe putting this on here will help a bit i really honestly don't know, we have never, thank god, had anything like this before!

Some of Michaels friends have started up a "GO FUND ME" page, the young girl who thought the world of Michael did this herself to start with and she did the forword to it which still brings me to tears when i read it, if anyone does want to chuck in a few quid for the Charity then thats great and thank you, if you don't no worries but please do try and read the forward - just for total transparency, some of the money will go towards the funeral costs as there was no insurance and my son cant afford anything as he is out of work (we will pay the rest) but a large amount will go to the charity MIND they are a great charity who have been going many years and try to help people like my Grandson - anyway the choice is yours, the link is below and you will see the latest photo of Michael on it, yes he does look so young but he was just 23! Thanks for reading this, and I know some will comment and in advance i thank you for that.

Thanks Tony

https://www.gofundme.com/f/michael-sparkes-team-994?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link-tip&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Oh my God, I'm so sorry.
At a complete loss for words, as close to a situation in the same ballpark but please take care & be sure to be kind to yourself mate

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
One of the saddest posts I’ve read on NSC.
It’s the family members left behind who are left with the pain for the rest of their lives.
But one of the cruellest elements of depression is you don’t focus on that when you’re in the depths of despair.
Sorry for your loss Hitony.

Can I also recommend this group.
https://thegoodgriefproject.co.uk/
Nice people

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The thought of losing my grand child is truly abhorrent ...i feel for you and your son...wider family ...and hope that sharing it and reading peoples kind responses is helping a little now and will do in those dark moments..sending you a virtual hug.

PS Lovely tribute on the GoFund page

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I am so sorry for your family’s loss and can’t imagine the grief you are all suffering. You don’t expect to lose one of your kids, let alone a grandchild. My thoughts are with you and yours.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What a horrible thing to happen to you and your family.

So sorry and don't know what else to say.
Condolences doesn't seem enough.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My deepest sympathies to you and your family hitony. I have kids aged 23 & 25 and can't even start to imagine what you are going through.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
What a terribly sad time for you all. Hope you can find some kind of resolve to get through this x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here