Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 2 nights ago my Grandson committed suicide MIND Charity

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm kind of lost for words. Truely sorry for you and your family.

It makes you stop and think. This evening when I take my boys back to their mum's house they'll be getting an extra hug when I say goodbye.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tony, you and I have chatted a little on WhatsApp and I'd like to reiterate here what I said there. Anything you need, any time, just get in contact. My heart goes out to you mate.

Sadly, in 2013 a very similar thing happened to a good friend of mine's son. We've been helping them through for seven years and his wife actually changed careers to become a grief counsellor as a result. She's provided some of the below info.

MIND are an excellent charity and a donation has headed over. There are plenty of organisations out there who can help as well. For anyone who needs help with the loss of a child of any age my friends have recommended looking at The Compassionate Friends https://www.tcf.org.uk/ website and also Winston's Wish. https://www.winstonswish.org/supporting-you/

Lastly good work is also done specifically regarding male suicide by the Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM). https://www.thecalmzone.net/

I was going to run an ultra marathon this summer but it has been put off due to CV19. When it finally happens I will happily set up a sponsorship for you [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] - I'll let you know when it's eventually running and you can choose an organisation for me to raise funds for.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My deepest and most sincere sympathies to you and your family. A tragedy from almost out of nowhere. None of you should have to suffer this loss of a young man at the start of his life. Sadly, you will never really know what drove him to do this but, no one should feel blame.

Sadly this is an oft repeated tragedy and all we can do is keep putting it out there for anyone that it is ok to talk and that it's ok to be not ok. RIP Michael.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
So so sad to read this tragic news. Nothing I could say will help you but my sincere condolences go out to all concerned [emoji3590]

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
O M G... one does not know what to say really in a situation like this. Obviously we are all sorry for your loss and would send you and his loved ones our deepest sympathies.
Who knows the inner workings of another’s mind ?
Just so very sorry

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I am so very, very sorry to hear of this - too terrible for words.
You will go through multiple stages of grief and grieving - I just hope that you will swiftly get to the point where you can look back fondly on the fabulous things you enjoyed together.
I do understand that now is too soon, though.

There is an extraordinarily wide range of experiences here - try to use those who you recognise and trust to help you through this terrible time.
It might be easier for you to reach out to someone on here, if you feel that you would rather that than 'burden' another family member who is wrestling with their own issues.
It doesn't need to be public, PM's will work just as well.

I have no idea if this is in the slightest way helpful, just grasping for small ways to suggest some kind of route through this for you.
My very best wishes....

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Tony, so truly sorry about your loss, my thoughts are with your family and you during this awful time.

I have a son aged 24 and can’t comprehend what your son and family must be going through.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Dreadful news. Very sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences to your family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Awful news, stay strong as things will improve

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
There aren't words that can be written that will stop the hurt or ease the pain. But if it helps even a little, then your NSC family are here for you - in whatever way we can.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Absolutely terrible thing to have happened. The same thing happened eight years ago to a close friend of one of our sons, in exactly the same way. Can only imagine how you're feeling but NSC is a good place to let out some of the emotion to an unusually sympathetic and supportive group of people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here