Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 goals in 8 games

theboybilly

I'm beginning to wonder what would have happened had we appointed Nathan Jones as manager. There was such a feelgood factor at the turn of the year with those results at Fulham and Charlton that I genuinely thought we had turned a corner. But since then it seems the team was set up not to lose rather than win games and it has almost cost us dearly. We have limped over the line and a bit of form from any 2 of 4 other teams would have really put us in trouble. The Rotherham performance stands out for me - when I read the team sheet I though that we were finally going to go for it as it was likely the strongest possible attacking team we could have put out (minus Tex). But Brighton were woeful and bringing on Best and CMS to rescue a point showed just how desperate things were.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I'm beginning to wonder what would have happened had we appointed Nathan Jones as manager. There was such a feelgood factor at the turn of the year with those results at Fulham and Charlton that I genuinely thought we had turned a corner. But since then it seems the team was set up not to lose rather than win games and it has almost cost us dearly. We have limped over the line and a bit of form from any 2 of 4 other teams would have really put us in trouble. The Rotherham performance stands out for me - when I read the team sheet I though that we were finally going to go for it as it was likely the strongest possible attacking team we could have put out (minus Tex). But Brighton were woeful and bringing on Best and CMS to rescue a point showed just how desperate things were.

Well said.
What impressed me about Nathan Jones was his enthusiasm and interaction with the fans. Out of the three in charge this season he showed the biggest desire to win. He looked so happy at Fulham that evening. One of the best games of our poor season.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
It disappoints me that a good deal of the posters on NSC can't see that we have the makings of a decent team we are just lacking quality goal scorers. People come on the site making sweeping judgements of the whole team when the goals for and goals against stats tell the real story. There are many sides in this league who have shipped a lot more goals than us, the difference is they've scored a lot more too. You don't have to be Stephen Hawkin to work out what that means. If we had a decent striker or preferably two, this side would do well.

We spent half of the season with the only striker who can score playing right wing.. Baldocks goal against Arsenal was well taken and showed he new how to score. However we play one up front now and none of our strikers are any good at it really. COG can do it (tries 100%) but his control is not good enough and the ball comes in to him and bounces six foot of him and is lost. Our strikers were put together to play a different system, being fast attacking passing football. This season that all gone out the window and weve had utter crap and no really system other than let go as slow as possible, certainly not as it was originally intended. Too many players are played out of position and there was no real idea or leadership under Hyypia.
Hughton for me is not the man.The team were ok first half yesterday but got worse after half time when the manger had a team talk to inspire them, how does that work if they get worse not better after your team talk. Im sure he never said "go out there a get worse lads" I thought Watford were ok but nowhere near great. Lets hope it can only get better next year.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With 46 points on the board we should be relegated. Very few seasons this number of points means staying up. We are woeful across the whole of the side.mas for strikers - we haven't any. Those that pertain to be should be shipped out. Need to start again.

Not strictly accurate. 5 out of the last 10 seasons we'd have gone down from this division with 46 points. Still got quite lucky though.

Peterborough went down in 2013 on 54 points. Now THAT was unlucky !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here