Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£2.80 for 12 cardboard chips...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Well I overheard a certain accountant who was in the NS last night suggest a very low number, 12 I believe, now on the basis that he was very good at number crunching etc in the Goldstone fight, I believe his report.

Chips really don't seem like 'football food'. If you're that desperate for them, fair play to the club

What?

Every ground I've been to, and it's a fair few, has either chips for sale inside or in the vans next to the stadium.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Chips really don't seem like 'football food'. If you're that desperate for them, fair play to the club

Really?. I would have thought that chips were very much 'football food'. Along with hot dogs and burgers perhaps. After all sausages and burgers go so well with chips. We have been selling hot dogs and burgers at the Amex since it's inception. So doesn't it make sense to sell the chips too?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I joined a queue in the WSL. I was behind one family. It took the person on the counter the best part of 20 minutes to serve them after repeatedly entering the wrong items etc. He then messed up my order twice. An order which was two meal deals and a coffee. Hardly rocket science.

I wouldn't have minded THAT much if the staff had at least acknowledged how long it took. If it is someone's first day, or the till is playing up, thats understandable to a degree. Just say. Surely a quick, "Sorry about the wait, we're having a nightmare with the system," isn't beyond people. The wait coupled with a fair amount of rudeness made it slightly less acceptable.

dissapointed they have started selling chips, the stadium used to have a nice smell of pastry cooking now it'll just be hot lard. I thought we were better than that.

CHIPS OUT!

I never bought anything to eat or drink at The Goldstone in 18 years nor at Withdean in all the time we were there. I used to eat and drink at Falmer for the first two years, i'm back to square one now, my match day expierience wont be reduced because of it, I can go two hours without filling my face

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I had a salt beef roll in the North Stand. It was great. Wished they did them in the WSL.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
First season fantastic lovely smell in the concourses great pies, second season the feeling it wasn't quite like last season, season three load of ****ing shite.

Great thread.

To be honest ... this is the only sort of thing I feel capable of reading the day after last night's football.

Some people get more chips than others. Some teams score more goals than others. Let's talk about the chips.

£2.80 for 12 cardboard chips

That's 0.2333333333p per chip. What else can you get for 0.23333333p these days ?:(

That's 0.2333333333p per chip. What else can you get for 0.23333333p these days ?:(
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/chocolate/morrisons-value-milk-chocolate/1091367/

Worth the 23 pence

Morrisons value milk chocolate

Advantages: Tasty

Disadvantages: Tastes different to other kinds

After a recent shopping trip (yes, the same one as the rolo cookies, but in our defence we *are* the middle of exams!), me and my housemate decided to get some chocolate. Between us we're picky and I think the only thing everyone in our house has in common is liking milk chocolate with nothing inside it. Now when we went, all the dairy milk that was on the shelves was the kind with either caramel, nuts or turkish delight in them. So we picked up Morrisons value brand of milk chocolate.

The packaging is very plain as would be expected from an own brand product. It is yellow as is most of Morrisons stuff from the decor to packaging. The front right of the packaging has a simple blue pattern on, and on the left written in green is "Morrisons Value" with "milk chocolate" in the middle of the packaging inside a white circle. Underneath milk chocolate is the weight: 100g e.

Underneath the morrisons logo is the simple nutritional information which is now included on most foods. This tells me that per 1/6 of a bar provides, 87 calories (4.4% of your guideline amount), 9.3 grams of sugar (10% GDA), 4.8 grams fat (6.9% GDA), 3 grams saturates (15% GDA), and trace amount of salt. The back of the packaging on the left has more nutritional info:

Ingredients: sugar, cocoa butter, whole milk powder, cocoa mass, sweet whey powder, lactose, emulsifier, (soya lecithin), flavouring, cocoa solids: 30% minimum.

Allergy info: Contains milk and soya. produced in a factory using egg, gluten, nut and peanut ingredients.

Underneath this is more information about the nutritional content on the front, but this time it repeats the information per 1/6 of a bar, and then per 100 grams as sold.

On the left is the information about the recycling which I think is great, because although some people would recycle they don't necessarily think about what can actually be recycled. It tells you that the outside packaging is recyclable, but the foil wrapping inside the paper isn't recyclable everywhere just yet. Underneath that it gives the barcode.

This only cost us 23 pence, which is very good price wise. When you first taste it, you can tell it's a cheap brand, but after you chew it, it doesn't actually taste bad which I thought it would when I first put it in my mouth, it is quite nice. Although it's clearly not dairy milk or galaxy etc. For what it cost it was worth it, because it was a nice chocolate and I would probably buy it again, but only if it was the only kind of milk chocolate on the shelf as it was on this occasion.

Summary: Why not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here