Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2-2

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Why did he live on a pig? And why did you glue the skin of the pig he lived on to your arm?

Please note, that when I say had the dream as an egg in my grandmother's womb, I should have mentioned that I didn't mean in this life.
It was pretty clearly offside from where I was sitting! :)

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
No, I thought it looked onside. I’d say we were lucky, but we could’ve had champions league football if we didn’t have so many bad VAR decisions go against us so we’re still well down on VAR decisions.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
What about a decision given onside for a toenail?

I fear you are conflating the strength of your convictions with their value.
Sorry, for me VAR should be totally binned, and the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacking side by the on field officials. It's very simple in my simple eyes :p

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, for me VAR should be totally binned, and the benefit of the doubt should be given to the attacking side by the on field officials. It's very simple in my simple eyes :p
That does make perfect sense.

However, I am someone who would rather have the right decision than a swift one and, yes, I am a clear blue daylight merchant.

Also, if you recall the old light ale ad, when the barmaid said she didn't like light ale but she liked the men who drink it (give me strength), I love VAR but I greatly dislike the TWATS who curate it.

Anyway, at the end of the day, it is what it is :thumbsup:

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
It feels like this rollercoaster season keeps accelerating. We had amazingly good games under Potter at the beginning, then a difficult patch under De Zerbi before the World Cup break, then a pretty good run that did include some unexpected dips like losing to Fulham or drawing with Leeds, then since April we've see-sawed between statement wins and absolute shockers. And in this one game we went from 2-0 to 2-2 back to 2-1 then 3-1 in the space of ten minutes.

Christ knows what's going to happen in the Villa game but I can only assume it will be "end-to-end stuff". Bet your retirement fund on both teams to score.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Watching an excellent stream here in Spain I immediately said to Mrs BS 'that's offside'. Admit to being worried when nothing seemed to happen and then the review took place. Yes, it was very, very tight, but in the light of other decisions made this season, for or against, it was the correct one.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I didn't, when I saw the VAR come up on the screen after I'd taken my head out of my hands, I was shocked! Mid West stand lower & I thought it was all over (not completely , I just thought we were going to do it the difficult Brighton way from the next 2 games). 😟 The freeze frame pic on post #3 doesn't convince me that they were offside in any way shape or form. However, I don't care! :ascarf:

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
It was dreadful defending whatever it was. We really have looked all at sea at the back since the Everton debacle at times and hope it’s something RDZ will want to put right asap. Glad we got away with it today though as that would have drained the life out of the stadium and made that last 30 mins torturous.

East London Exile

Jan 13, 2013
London
I can understand the concept of not raising the flag for a close offside and reviewing the decision if a goal is scored, but this falls down is if the resulting shot is deflected out for a corner. The game never seems to be taken back to the point of the offside. The attacking side have therefore gained an unfair advantage.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm sat upper east in direct line with the offside. I could see the move seconds before the forward kick and knew he was offside. I shouted to all around me he was off. Couldn't understand why lino didn't flag. 100% convinced it would be overturned.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I thought it was quite apt after a season of maligning VAR, wishing it didn’t exist. Saying multiple times whether it’s time to give up on football. Questioning whether John Brooks can face his family when he gets home.

That what saved us in the end, was VAR.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
That VAR camera is nowhere near level. I assumed he was offside by the confident way that Dunk raised his arm as soon as the ball was played. It certainly wasn't a late appeal in vain, he had a perfect view. Having said that I wasn't entirely confident that VAR would agree with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here