Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2-2

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What has that got to do with whether a lino should flag or not when it is very tight

You were saying that you're glad VAR decides - I was highlighting that VAR can get it wrong.

Unless it wasn't very clear, I meant in instances potentially like the lino flags, the ref blows the whistle ruling any play after that whistle dead, however we have a player through on goal, miles away from any opponent and looking at slotting it away into an empty net but because the whistle was blown, the goal they would have scored doesn't count even though replays showed that they had timed their run perfectly and were onside when the ball was played
Yes, I agree.

The whistle being blown means that VAR can't review anything, hence why, when it is very tight, the play should be allowed to continue so no flagging by the lino, and let VAR sort out if it was offside or not after it is scored. Something the poster i was replying to disagrees with, thinking it should be flagged even if it turned out to be wrong and a perfectly good goal is denied
Yes, fair enough, you're right.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes….virtually in line….surprised the lineman didn’t call it ….I was very confident it would be disallowed….

..why is my nose growing

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
DSC02222.JPG

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Yes….virtually in line….surprised the lineman didn’t call it ….I was very confident it would be disallowed….

..why is my nose growing
There are lots of tight offsides I've called very confidently in the ground.
Sometimes I've even turned out to be right.
To be fair, it's difficult to make a sound judgement when I'm so pissed I'm seeing two of every player.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I had a tatoo four years ago saying 3-1 so I knew first unless you can date your dream?
It was when my egg was formed inside my grandmother's womb

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I sat in line with it. Never offside. Went to the toilets after they equalised & couldn't believe it was still 2-1

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Would be gutted if that went against us.

If it's not clear by the camera angle (why are the angles so bad) then give it.

That said, if anyone deserves it, we do.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
2-2 and you f***ed it up!
It was 2-0 and you f***ed it up - 2,500 SCC relegated fans told me “… ahhahahahahahahahahahjhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahjhahahha

Hahahahhhahahaha

Ahahahahahaha

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I haven’t seen it but on sky sports they were saying it wasn’t offside even after seeing the freeze frames. Sounds like it was unbelievably tight. I have always loved VAR.
This was complete bollocks though. It was crystal clear offside after just one viewing. Tight my arse. We've all seen many MUCH tighter offsides than that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not me, but frankly, after Spurs, I never think we’ll get anything.

Worked out ok in the end :drink:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I need to sit in south for a few games next season, someone told me you can change seats if they're the same price? I want go experience the "banter"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This was complete bollocks though. It was crystal clear offside after just one viewing. Tight my arse. We've all seen many MUCH tighter offsides than that.
I saw the tv shot of it on the concourse afterwards and it looks way off on that.

But, as above, in real time I was amazed it was reviewed and even more amazed it was overturned. After Palace and Spurs it’s clear nothing is obvious to these clowns.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My tattoo was inked by an ancient Japanese warrior who lived in the fourth century on a pig and I glued the skin to my arm.
Why did he live on a pig? And why did you glue the skin of the pig he lived on to your arm?

Please note, that when I say had the dream as an egg in my grandmother's womb, I should have mentioned that I didn't mean in this life.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry, but with the greatest respect, I don't give a flying shit what the "rules" say.

Fundamentally any offside given for a toenail (clearly absolutely dependent on which millisecond they choose to freeze the frame) is an incorrect decision in my book. :poop:
What about a decision given onside for a toenail?

I fear you are conflating the strength of your convictions with their value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here