Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] 1st time Easyjet

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Having never flown with Easyjet and hearing all the horror stories of printing tickets, advice please.
Booked basic seat and case under seat. Triple checked case size and is good.
Checked in online and printed all boarding cards, one out one back for each of us.
Plan on getting to Gatwick N about 90 mins before flight.
Do I go straight to security rather than check in desk.
Can I wear a coat and take it off in the plane.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If your companion is female, be aware that they class a handbag as a piece of hand luggage.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Having never flown with Easyjet and hearing all the horror stories of printing tickets, advice please.
Checked in online and printed all boarding cards, one out one back for each of us.
Nothing wrong with Easyjet at all. Better than BA for short haul these days imo
Case under seat size is pretty small but if you’ve checked that will be fine
Boarding passes fine, but definitely worth having the app on your phone if you can as you can have them on there, and it also gives you real-time notifications with things like gate number, boarding and any delays.
90 mins is fine.
Yes, straight through security unless you’re checking in luggage
Coat - yes you can

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have already checked in, so go straight through security. I have travelled with them a lot, and they are fine. What “horror stories” have you heard?

I would recommend downloading their app; it’s very useful for getting notifications and tracking your flight and also having access to your boarding cards.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I’ve flown EasyJet loads of times and find them absolutely fine. You won’t get a case under the seat, it has to go in the overhead locker. There are no tickets, just boarding pass. No need to print boarding pass if you have it on your phone but I still print it as a stand-by. Yes, go straight to security. Yes, wear a coat and stuff the pockets with things you couldn’t fit in your case!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We flew EJ to Italy in the summer. Everything you've done is perfect. Go straight to security, no check if you are carrying everything on. The only faff we had in security was getting your liquids out in their see through bag, so make sure they are near the top. Hopefully that goes away soon though if not already as I know they were testing different scanners when we went through...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Regarding the case, it’s unlikely you’ll get it under the seat. A bag of the same dimensions yes, a case no.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
The food and drink on board is excellent. Make sure you spend loads. *

* This is in no way related to my (fluctuating) Easy jet shares.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
As a previous poster stated I would say EasyJet are better than BA for short hall flights these days. Flown with BA four times this year. Not once have we taken off on time. Delayed once for a sandwich being stuck in the door and crashed into the jetty when we landed in Amsterdam.

Avoid Ryanair and Wizz.

Be prepared they may check in your hand luggage in the hold if it is a hard case as most people travel with only hand luggage these days and the hard cases are checked in at the gate.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Be prepared they may check in your hand luggage in the hold if it is a hard case as most people travel with only hand luggage these days and the hard cases are checked in at the gate.
Or also, if you're one of the last on a full plane, they may also check your bag in (free of charge) if there's literally no more room in the plane cabin itself. Which is why speedy boarding, despite its stupidity at times given how many people book it and the lack of priority if you're all shoved on a bus anyway, actually has at least that one plus point if you're ever on the wrong side of it and you were hoping from a quick exit on the other end!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Does this one not fit under the seat ?

Cabin Max Anode Carry on Suitcase 45x36x20cm Lightweight Hand Luggage Suitable for Easyjet Under Seat (Black)

I’ve just bought one for short trip to Hurghada at Christmas.
Yes it should.........suppliers are matching the dimensions to the airline limits. I bought a rucksack that was right on the Easyjet limit and it's fine (admittedly can be squashed a bit but haven't needed to so far)

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Easyjet are fine. Now if you want to fly with an awful airline then book with BA.

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
If your companion is female, be aware that they class a handbag as a piece of hand luggage.
Although at the same time I walked on quite easily with two bags without buying the upgrade.

One underseat sized bag and a backpack, was completely fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here