Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 1982. Music had changed for the better. Post your game changers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
1982 . .. pffff I was born in '71. ( a good year musically )

My parents were in their 20's in the 70's and had/have good taste in music , It was all sorts and all good, until I found my own in Madness etc around 1980 . . . For me 78-82 is a golden period . . . . It all went shit after that, for various reasons. The 80's was crap! The shit started in 82.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
1982 . .. pffff I was born in '71. ( a good year musically )

My parents were in their 20's in the 70's and had/have good taste in music , It was all sorts and all good, until I found my own in Madness etc around 1980 . . . For me 78-82 is a golden period . . . . It all went shit after that, for various reasons. The 80's was crap! The shit started in 82.

You became a grumpy old man aged eleven?

I think that may be a record :eek:

Anyway....whatever. I hope the rest of your life perked up with the advent of puberty . . . qualifications, career, property ladder, relationships.... I'm genuinely dumbfounded, to be fair :(

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
1987 Up until that point I would listen to songs on the radio or my friends would tape me the albums they had (I know not legal) but I was poor and could not afford to buy albums. So it was mainly pop Madonna, Curiosity kill the cat and bros. Until one day I was sitting in the cafe at Brighton college of technology and they were playing the “Invisible Touch” album and the last track “The Brazilian” was playing. I had never heard anything like it. Went out and bought the album at woolies in London Road and have been a Genesis fan ever since discovering all their albums back to the beginning. Saw them the for the Fifth and last time last night at the O2. I love lots of different music but Genesis will always be the special band that showed me that music can have more then three cords, be interesting and still enjoyable.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
The finest song from 1982 bar none - and yes I will be at the Green Door Store on 28th April...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here