Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901ers can wear colours/replica shirts in their seats, but not the lounges.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
How many of them want to wear replica shirts? Of those that might, how many would put wearing a replica shirt ahead of the other reasons they wanted to buy that seat? I don't really buy your argument

I actually think we're violently agreeing!

To me, not previously being able to wear a replica shirt in my seat (as was my understanding) was a minor inconvenience and no more. It was a small tick in the "cons" column. It's nice that a small con has been removed (or clarified, depending on what you thought the rule was); s'all. I don't expect that we'll see a sea of replica shirts in the 1901 seating area from now, but there will be at least one, even if it is sometimes over a jumper... :wink:

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
The reason they let me know is that it was a direct reply to an email I sent seeking clarification. In fairness to PB, he seemed to think that he was just clarifying the existing rules and not changing them, at least in his first response to me. I posted on here simply because I thought it was a change in the rules, though at least one poster has said that he thought it wasn't a change.

I agree that enforcement of the dress code rules is somewhat erratic. I also agree that now would be a good time to review the rules, re-communicate them formally to all 1901ers and then enforce those rules consistently.

I agree completely with you.

A lot of the members signed up thinking that trainers were allowed and only replica shirts were not. I go to a lot of hospitality myself at Wembley, Emirates etc and normally it is the other way round, ie no colours but trainers are fine. At wembley they actually state that they want people to relax and enjoy the football hence no real restrictions.

I think PB needs to get the whole thing changed especially as most 1901 members are just normal supporters not big corporate companies.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think 1901 Club should have a Mud Club Phillip Salon style entry policy; a drag queen waltzing up and down the line thrusting a disapproving mirror into people's faces and asserting "would you let yourself into this venue." would focus minds and style.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think 1901 Club should have a Mud Club Phillip Salon style entry policy; a drag queen waltzing up and down the line thrusting a disapproving mirror into people's faces and asserting "would you let yourself into this venue." would focus minds and style.

That brings back so many memories - I used to love the Mud Club, and a friend of mine, who I didn't know was gay, ended up having a fling with Phillip Salon.

A truly brilliant idea, HT.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That brings back so many memories - I used to love the Mud Club, and a friend of mine, who I didn't know was gay, ended up having a fling with Phillip Salon.

A truly brilliant idea, HT.

Ha ha. You're friend obviously passed the mirror test then! I must admit I have not been myself but Frau Tubthumper has and successfully gained entry a number of times. The entry queue, and the theatre, was as much part of the night as the club itself.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Its not unusual really but i was in a box in the first season at the AMEX for the odd few games and presumed the dress code would be the same as the Withdean Legends LOunge. Turned up once wearing v neck jumper and a thick cardigan and refused entry as was told i didn't have a collar on.................i did, the cardigan could be turned up but was still told to go to the shop and purchase something with a collar 'like a replica shirt?'i asked (albeit as a joke) NOPE go to the shop etc etc. Had to call Dodge to to smooth the situation over and get me in (mainly as i was in a box not the lounge so no big deal really), but the bloke on the door wouldn't shake my hand when offered as i knew he was only doing his job.....thought he was going to land one on me to be honest. In conclusion yes there's a dress code, obviously but perhaps clarification would be good as has been provided in part by the OP. For the record i never thought you could wear replica shirts or trainers thought that was made very clear. Don't like it don't go 1901. I like to throw on what ever i fancy have a drink and spill food down myself if i want without any thought of upsetting anyone hence 1901/boxes are not for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here