Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Exactly, the people in our lounge Mayo, Winn Baxter, are proper football fans and long standing Brighton fans.

Most fans are long standing these days....Sodexo make sure of this with their slow moving queues.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The dress code is basically, don't wear dirty worn out trainers and don't dress like you've come straight from decorating without a shower or a wash. I am a pretty scruffy bugger, and I haven't been turned away yet. The dress code is overplayed IMO.

I love the way 1901 is tarred with being a bit posh and full of JCL's. Nobody tars the North Stand as being full of lairy aggressive erks......although it may be :smile:

I'm not in either 'band', as numerically most supporters probably are.

Nick2528

Jan 12, 2012
don't bother, the 1901 club is an absolute joke. The seats are good and the parking was handy, but now it's just a rip off. The food is outrageously priced canteen food and the service is horrendous. I find myself getting a burger or some chips from the stands before i go into the club bit now as as who on earth is paying £17 for rice and chilli?!?!

You don;t get treated well as the entire senior staff seem to think they are the ones who have paid all the money and just act like a bunch of nazis most of the time. They have no idea that the majority of people in there are just fans wanting to enjoy the football and have somewhere warm to go at half time!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I find myself getting a burger or some chips from the stands before i go into the club bit now

Which regular stand does your 1901 ticket allow you to go into before you go into the lounge? I didn't realise that you can enter a concourse on your smartcard before exiting again and entering a 1901 entrance.

You've waited a long time to make your first post since you registered - welcome!

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
I used a friend's 1901 membership for the Charlton game, and really enjoyed it. I'd echo some of the other posts about the dress code - I was wearing a polo shirt and smart jeans and was fine. Saw a couple of people being challenged about their footwear (apparently Converse shoes aren't allowed....), but on the whole the atmosphere was good.

I got to the ground an hour beforehand, and certainly enjoyed a comfortable seat watching the Man U - Burnley game. Nice to be able to get a pie & pint at the same price as in the concourse, but with no queues...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Can any 1901ers confirm how much their seat costs them on a match by match basis if they've calculated that is?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can any 1901ers confirm how much their seat costs them on a match by match basis if they've calculated that is?

Depends how many cup matches there are during that given season, but I worked my Dad's out the first season at about £40 per game I think.

Cheaper than a central west stand seat and a Uni parking pass.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Depends where the seat is. It can range from £75 to about £35.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Depends how many cup matches there are during that given season, but I worked my Dad's out the first season at about £40 per game I think.

Cheaper than a central west stand seat and a Uni parking pass.

Depends where the seat is. It can range from £75 to about £35.

Ahh Hadn't considered the included cup games.

To be fair, it's not really for me but seems very reasonably priced. If you consider what a standard ticket price costs at the emirates it doesn't seem like a huge expense to watch the team you love in excellent surroundings.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Ahh Hadn't considered the included cup games.

To be fair, it's not really for me but seems very reasonably priced. If you consider what a standard ticket price costs at the emirates it doesn't seem like a huge expense to watch the team you love in excellent surroundings.
Reasonably priced for now. At the end of next season there could be 5 years worth of price rises in 1 hit ???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reasonably priced for now. At the end of next season there could be 5 years worth of price rises in 1 hit ???

It will be quite interesting to see how the club play the renewals. The club pretty much matched demand last time ; price it too high and there will be a lot of empty seats with few people waiting to fill the gaps.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It will be quite interesting to see how the club play the renewals. The club pretty much matched demand last time ; price it too high and there will be a lot of empty seats with few people waiting to fill the gaps.

Two seasons to go I think? If we get promoted and stay up next season or get promoted next season, the club will be able to jack the prices up substantially IMO. If we are still in the Championship the club will have to be very careful not to hike it too much. I half hope we go up this season and back down next :smile:

I get the impression TB and PB want more genuine corporates in 1901 Platinum rather than fans treating themselves but resisting the silly prices to eat.

Nick2528

Jan 12, 2012
Which regular stand does your 1901 ticket allow you to go into before you go into the lounge? I didn't realise that you can enter a concourse on your smartcard before exiting again and entering a 1901 entrance.

You've waited a long time to make your first post since you registered - welcome!

Hi. No into the actual stand sorry, just from the place outside the shop.

Nick2528

Jan 12, 2012
I get the impression TB and PB want more genuine corporates in 1901 Platinum rather than fans treating themselves but resisting the silly prices to eat.

yes you're right but they are no way equiped to run it as a genuine corporate lounge. I think people are generally quite forgiving at the moment as really as the majority just want to watch the football and liked the parking, warmth and good seats but if business start using it for client entertainment they will expect A LOT more that is currently on offer form their inept staff.

The staff are mostly students which is fair enough but it's so slow and clumsy. The door staff and management are honestly just moronic. Imagine spending £250 to treat two of your best clients to a game and them then getting them turned away because some oaf on the door doesn't think a round neck jumper is smart enough.

Last week i had to buy one of the old retro home shirts from the club shop which had a collar to get into a club lounge with a smart casual dress code! It's mental. But you do get to eat your pie with your fingers because they won't provide forks.

I won;t be renewing it regardless of price.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Gold, platinum, plat + etc bit bland, as part of the reorganisation I would rename to honour the clubs greats Ward, Lawrenson etc

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The first season with the cup games, friendlies and free programme taken into account, it was £35 a game for me. I would have bought a programme anyway so £35 for a ticket isn't too bad. Factor in another £1.50 for the free coffee and the price is very reasonable. This may well change at the end of the season depending on how much they increase it and they need to be very wary of too big a hike if we aren't in the PL.

As you say, not for everyone but I just like the idea of a front row middle tier seat with a relatively easy to access bar and toilets and more comfortable surroundings than a concourse. Probably wouldn't have been for me 10+ years ago but I don't feel the need to wear a shirt to games now, stand up or swear excessively. I have long term fans around me with only a few JCLs who can get a bit annoying with their lack of knowledge and banging on about Chelsea/Spurs scores but you could get that anywhere if you are unlucky.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The first season with the cup games, friendlies and free programme taken into account, it was £35 a game for me. I would have bought a programme anyway so £35 for a ticket isn't too bad. Factor in another £1.50 for the free coffee and the price is very reasonable. This may well change at the end of the season depending on how much they increase it and they need to be very wary of too big a hike if we aren't in the PL.

As you say, not for everyone but I just like the idea of a front row middle tier seat with a relatively easy to access bar and toilets and more comfortable surroundings than a concourse. Probably wouldn't have been for me 10+ years ago but I don't feel the need to wear a shirt to games now, stand up or swear excessively. I have long term fans around me with only a few JCLs who can get a bit annoying with their lack of knowledge and banging on about Chelsea/Spurs scores but you could get that anywhere if you are unlucky.

Like i say in previous responses, it seems very reasonable. I guess price rises are inevetable but I think the club need to take into account the fact many 1901ers like yourself are ordinary fans who are simply prepared to pay a little extra for a few comforts and a decent view. Maybe a slightly less formal setting could be offered for people like yourself to keep it affordable? I did a charity bike ride from the Amex to Selhurst park (the 3 nil sadly) my complimentary ticket was in the main stand which for watching the game was very basic and uncomfortable but I was quite impressed by some of the lounge style bars as part of the concourse, very much like a pub setting but very busy as it was a free for all. How would someone like yourself feel about a pub style lounge with a less formal feel?

Ive had the pleasure of spending a match in the directors box and whilst it's obviously afforded much better facilities than anywhere else in the ground the view is identical to elsewhere in the middle tier, I have to say the views are spectacular and you don't feel as disconnected as you might expect. I can see why many like yourself have opted for that vantage. Hopefully the club are sensible in their pricing and you can enjoy it for many years to come.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing

I like it, we have 10 tickets, all long term fans, no JCL's no Corporates, just fans really. My mate sells his ticket for £45 when he cant make it, so I would say that is the realistic cost, as you get a car parking space (saves £13), Programme (£3.50?), Coffee/Tea etc (£1.50). Think the best thing is the wonderful view from our seats. Sometimes as mentioned the service can be a bit hit and miss, but when the lady who normally runs it is there, its like clockwork, when she is not then not good (Wynn Baxter). Will I renew, yes if no more than a few pound rise, but think they might have an issue if they put up as lot and not in premier by then. Think they have missed trick regarding catering, as they still trying to flog the 'mid' range options for about £11-£15, people will either pay for a full blown meal, or to be honest just would like what the rest of ground gets, like pies and burgers. Big plus points is a lounge, before, half time and full time, nice good fans (apart from one ass behind me, who cant put a sentence together without swearing or abusing players, JFC and Greer are this years targets), but you will always get some idiots where ever you go.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Talking about the dress code, I've just had a google around and Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal and Tottenham's equivalent of the 1901 lounges have a more relaxed dress code that we do.

Most just say no football shirts, smart trainers, smart jeans, no away colours.

The directors lounges are more formal obviously, but I've never why we have such a heavy handed approach to bloody collar at our place. Makes no sense at all.

Personally I think after our 5th year, the prices will skyrocket and they'll find a way to move us ruffians to other parts of the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here