Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There were at least 20 or so available in exactly this spot a couple of months ago. It's the old WAGS spot, before they were relocated to the East.

There already is a two tier strategy - on both licence length and pricing.

Licence: 5 years (expires at the next of next season) for £500 or "lifetime" (actually something like 50 years from memory) for £1000.

monthly Pricing: "Platinum" - central location in West middle, all of 1901 WSL, and the whole of East stand 1901, bigger lounge (eg BUPA, Overline), more focus on the added-on bits (eg - match day hosts more likely to turn up, Mullers will make more speeches there) - £125 pm. "Gold" - towards the wings, smaller lounges, much less likely to get attention if they're under-staffed. £91 pm. I say "towards the wings"; I'm in "Gold" - three seats away from Platinum (so about as close to the centre as you can be for a "Gold" member) and I'm about mid way between the half way line and the North penalty box line. Closer to the centre = Platinum.

AFAIK, the club have no Platinum seats available and the only Gold seats are in the far SW corner.

AS others have said, there may well be people who wish to sell their seat(s), which could be anywhere... ask Dodge.

On a technicality is there anything to stop the club moving the seat numbers about for those with lifetime PSL ? Remember that photo of the seating at Smellhurst where the seat numbers were out of sequence ? I think the club are regretting not having more of the "Platinum" seats exclusively set aside for corporate hospitality rather than have mere minions sitting in them e.g. charging £600-£700 per seat for a 2 hospitality match package for the RWC could be comparable to what they can charge if we achieve Premier League status.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On a technicality is there anything to stop the club moving the seat numbers about for those with lifetime PSL ? Remember that photo of the seating at Smellhurst where the seat numbers were out of sequence ? I think the club are regretting not having more of the "Platinum" seats exclusively set aside for corporate hospitality rather than have mere minions sitting in them e.g. charging £600-£700 per seat for a 2 hospitality match package for the RWC could be comparable to what they can charge if we achieve Premier League status.

When I signed up I received a seating plan documenting the geographic location of my seat. As far as I can tell they can renumber my seat but they will not be able to make me sit elsewhere.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

I agree with your hypothesis that the club may want at some point to, let us say, widen, the Platinum seating areas, and, by extension of the same logic, perhaps create a new, uber plush (platinum+ ?) area, perhaps in the dead centre of the current Platinum area. For this reason, I'd rather not answer your question concerning whether or not the club could do it to "lifetime" members in a public forum. I plead the fifth at this stage. However, if you're interested in the technicalities as I see them, I'd be happy to PM you...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Paul Rogers will give you an unbiased view as to why you should pay £1,000's more of your hard-earned money (over 5 seasons) for a programme, armrests, complementary tea/coffee and best of all ... a lanyard. Differential marketing for the easily persuaded.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Paul Rogers will give you an unbiased view as to why you should pay £1,000's more of your hard-earned money (over 5 seasons) for a programme, armrests, complementary tea/coffee and best of all ... a lanyard. Differential marketing for the easily persuaded.

And free parking if you buy 2 seats.
And a lift to WSM (excellent for those that struggle with stairs)
And (sometimes!) an ex-player as host giving anecdotes
And no queue for the toilets at half time
And no queue for a beer at half time (plenty of time for a beer and a wee then)
And pies don't run out

Horses for courses :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And free parking if you buy 2 seats.
And a lift to WSM (excellent for those that struggle with stairs)
And (sometimes!) an ex-player as host giving anecdotes
And no queue for the toilets at half time
And no queue for a beer at half time (plenty of time for a beer and a wee then)
And pies don't run out

Horses for courses :thumbsup:

And per capita/seat, contributing more to the playing budget/ameliorating the accounting losses.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Perhaps the club could design a plebs lanyard

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
And per capita/seat, contributing more to the playing budget/ameliorating the accounting losses.

Yep, there've been a few attempts on here to calculate it all out, but the most believable calculations do show that 1901 seats are, even with all the extras, more expensive - although not as more expensive as most think, particularly the "Gold" seats. However, some things which have no monetary value that come with the package (e.g. a lift and the ability to have a wee, a pie and a pint at half time) are incalculably valuable :wink:

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Call me old fashioned however I can see nothing attractive about attending a football match in an area where you have to conform to a dress code.

Old fashioned. With the exception of trainers, you only have to conform in the lounges. My son now changes into his football shirt when we go outside.

In all honesty, we probably are paying more than we need to, but having sat in the South Stand at Withdean and got drenched for all those years, we always said regardless of cost (within reason of course), we would sit in the middle tier.

However, probably like the vast majority on this board, I love our seats and wouldn't change it for anything. Even at this early juncture, when the season ticket licenses expire next season it remains my intention to renew. We already own the seat licenses.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When I signed up I received a seating plan documenting the geographic location of my seat. As far as I can tell they can renumber my seat but they will not be able to make me sit elsewhere.

Correct. My understanding is that holding the 50 year license to the seats, means we effectively own them providing we pay the season ticket price on top. The club can of course with our permission sell the seats and their licenses, but would have to reimburse us with the cost of the license.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps the club could design a plebs lanyard

From your numerous posts on 1901 threads I get the impression that you are a bit jealous. Why the need to keep making snidey remarks? If it's not for you fine but you don't have to labour the point.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
From your numerous posts on 1901 threads I get the impression that you are a bit jealous. Why the need to keep making snidey remarks? If it's not for you fine but you don't have to labour the point.

Absolutely no jealousy at all as stated there is no way I would ever consider I would conform to any dress code when going to a football match week in week out.

I think you may find it works the other way with 1901 and those that flaunt it, Timmy managed it very recently.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely no jealousy at all as stated there is no way I would ever consider I would conform to any dress code when going to a football match week in week out.

I think you may find it works the other way with 1901 and those that flaunt it, Timmy managed it very recently.

That's not how I've seen it at all, in fact quite the reverse. Whilst I can't comment for other 1901 areas, the West middle and the area around us are undoubtedly complying with the dress code.

TBH the dress code is not really a problem as such, and is certainly not as strict as a golf club.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
We don't want to encourage any proper football fans in the 1901 lounges.

We are all JCLs that have no interest in football. Just as we didn't at the Goldstone, at the Priestfield or at Withdean.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's not how I've seen it at all, in fact quite the reverse. Whilst I can't comment for other 1901 areas, the West middle and the area around us are undoubtedly complying with the dress code.

TBH the dress code is not really a problem as such, and is certainly not as strict as a golf club.

The dress code is basically, don't wear dirty worn out trainers and don't dress like you've come straight from decorating without a shower or a wash. I am a pretty scruffy bugger, and I haven't been turned away yet. The dress code is overplayed IMO.

I love the way 1901 is tarred with being a bit posh and full of JCL's. Nobody tars the North Stand as being full of lairy aggressive erks......although it may be :smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The dress code is basically, don't wear dirty worn out trainers and don't dress like you've come straight from decorating without a shower or a wash. I am a pretty scruffy bugger, and I haven't been turned away yet. The dress code is overplayed IMO.

I love the way 1901 is tarred with being a bit posh and full of JCL's. Nobody tars the North Stand as being full of lairy aggressive erks......although it may be :smile:

Exactly, the people in our lounge Mayo, Winn Baxter, are proper football fans and long standing Brighton fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here