Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1901 amnesty.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
There are 15 clubs in this division who charge more than £150* for a premium match ticket/hospitality meal matchday package, five clubs charge more than £240, one is £300. Furthemore, there are only 3 clubs that charge less than our cheapest match ticket/meal option which is around £55.00.

* the top 1901 match & meal option is around £150.

** prices shown include VAT

Including a meal? Sure. My understanding of the point that Tooting Gull was making was that he was referring to just a seat. Re-reading his posts, it could be taken either way...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Including a meal? Sure. My understanding of the point that Tooting Gull was making was that he was referring to just a seat. Re-reading his posts, it could be taken either way...

I think it's pretty clear both the first time this was debated and the second time that I am not talking about just a seat at all, but really a total concept alteration for the 1901 for all the reasons previously stated to be a corporate entertaining package befitting that premium facility, to a level similar or below what you would get in a box with the extra trimmings.

Mind you, having seen Superphil's last post I might have undercooked it. Make it £195 a head. :)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think it's pretty clear both the first time this was debated and the second time that I am not talking about just a seat at all, but really a total concept alteration for the 1901 for all the reasons previously stated to be a corporate entertaining package befitting that premium facility, to a level similar or below what you would get in a box with the extra trimmings.

Mind you, having seen Superphil's last post I might have undercooked it. Make it £195 a head. :)

Then I withdraw my comment!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

He said he didn't think £150 a match was a relevant rate for Championship football, I thought he was refering to a match/hospitality combination, I was showing how many other Championship clubs charge £150 a match, or more. The 1901 Club arrangement means that the members do not have to have a meal. In other clubs there are premium seats available too, priced similarly to the 1901 seats, but none have 3000 of them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So you STILL think, after all the discussions on here over the last couple of years, that 1901ers are the prawn sandwich brigade? Good to know you are able to feel yourself a better fan, even if you're not :shrug:

It may have passed you by but top level football is most certainly no longer a working class game

It's got nothing to do with me thinking l'm a BETTER fan. I simply know how l prefer to watch my football, and yes, of course l know that the corporate side is a big part of football nowadays, but it doesn't mean that l have to agree with it!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Very happy with my halfway line 1901 seats, I have 6 of them and take my 79 year old father every game, he loves it too. Fantastic warm lounge in the winter, respectful staff, a great view, ex Albion players host us every game. WE can hear the opposition teams supporters singing, but struggle to hear the North Stand. I think the North Stand is very tame compared to what it used to be , 'we're the north stand, we're the north stand........' very boring, little thought and what does it mean? If those of the 1901ers post on here then fine respect it, but if you want to be judgemental of us expect us to be the same. You also need to go to anger management courses and do you still live at home with your mum?
Very good post....having been at the Goldstone,Gillingham,Withdean now getting on...a bit of comfort is ideal.....some of you will find out in later years....as regards food....if I think it's overpriced I don't buy....but most of t5he people I see in 1901 are fans from years gone by....yes there are the corporate fans....but it is not my problem....

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
If you are 'real' or 'proper' fans, go with the other 'real' or 'proper' fans and get cheap food - and make the 1901 a proper corporate area at £150 a head to help subsidise prices elsewhere........ If it isn't for you, don't go there.
Mr Brent I am not sure where that puts me. I sit in the comfort of the half way line, make good use of the cosy 1901 lounge before, after and at half time but still get my cheap burger or hotdog. Can you please categorise me so I know whether I am 'real' or not.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
l know that the corporate side is a big part of football nowadays, but it doesn't mean that l have to agree with it!

You might not be a fan of it but without it clubs like ours would struggle to survive I think. Whilst I think the club are taking the piss with some of their pricing, having a premium offer is a necessary part of football nowadays

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Mr Brent I am not sure where that puts me. I sit in the comfort of the half way line, make good use of the cosy 1901 lounge before, after and at half time but still get my cheap burger or hotdog. Can you please categorise me so I know whether I am 'real' or not.

Same, but not at the halfway line. You must be platinum :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bi-curious?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here