Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1800 Boro expected today

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Go on have a cry. No one's decided that Boro don't come from Boro; it is a discussion about how would it be possible for 1,800 to make it from Teeside by 12:30.

PS: If one can make it from Teeside, why can't 1800, out of interest?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What is your point? I know 3 Brighton based Boro fans at the game and 4 or 5 of their mates were coming down from London.

I do believe, please feel free to jump in and tell me otherwise, that I was asking your point. Why can't 1800 come from Teeside? What am I missing? Do they have to get special Boro visa's to be allowed out of the town? I'm confused.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Spoke to around 40 fans Saturday & Sunday. Many make a weekend of it and were disappointed it was in December. All say how this is one of their favorite away trips and, should they go up, want us to go with them just for the trip. They miss Bournemouth but did say Bristol was a good trip.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Proper footie fans, know their stuff, put in the miles, support their team rather than slagging off our team and our fans/town.

More of that. Less of the outcome, obviously.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
All this majority from the south garbage is tedious. All away tickets go to season ticket holders first. More often than not they sell out, leaving none for the southern based fans. Take Brentford who you play next week. We will receive 1600 for this game. And there will be fans down south desperate for tickets. Knowing season ticket holders will be first in the queue leaving them with little chance.

Boros away support is up there with the best. Take our cup games in the last 12 months 5 or 6k at Liverpool,Man city and Arsenal 10k at Man utd YES 10k.
We also sell out regularly in the league. 2.5k at hull would have been 7k given the tickets no problem. We even took 5k to wigan last season.

Even when we sell out our fans still come on message boards begging for tickets. Typical example was Huddersfield the other week. When we only got 4k,
Finally as said earlier, almost 7k sellout at Blackburn last season will be repeated agian on Boxing day.

Good luck for the rest of the season,great set of fans you lot.

Saturday 20th December 2014, Ipswich Town v Middlesbrough, 3pm kick off (not televised).

Distance from Riverside Stadium: 253 miles
Away attendance: 1,111

Saturday 19th December 2015, Brighton & Hove Albion v Middlesbrough, 12:30pm kick off (televised).

Distance from Riverside Stadium: 315 miles
Away attendance: 1,839

Considering your relatively similar league positions at the times and stages of the season these games took place, I think it's safe to say between 500 and 800 of those at the Amex yesterday were your southern-based supporters.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I do believe, please feel free to jump in and tell me otherwise, that I was asking your point. Why can't 1800 come from Teeside? What am I missing? Do they have to get special Boro visa's to be allowed out of the town? I'm confused.

Yes you are confused, you seem to have 2 bees in your bonnet; on one thread you are being aggressive about someone praising those who stayed the full 90 and sang the team off, and on this thread you are questionning those who point out that Boro's good turn out is due to a lot of their fans living down south. I hope this has clarified the situation, but if you are still confused perhaps you consider typing once you have engaged your brain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here