Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1800 Boro expected today

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My Boro supporting mate lives in Crawley. He'll be there.

"Live round the corner, you only live round the corner". Well nearly.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair thats good numbers, but reckon they have a fair following in London who will come down.

Di agree with this sentiment however most will be from its London branch:facepalm:

Absolutely;the bit about clapping, I mean! It must have been really annoying for them to hear that the timings had been changed. It also shows the degree of respect which the Albion is afforded that so many realise the importance of the game, even if they are "only" coming from the London area.

This is Boro we're talking about, not THE Leeds United.

All clubs including ours have diaspora around the country, but the big majority of those in the away end today will have left Middlesbrough in the dark this morning.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Got to admire that figure- especially Crimbo time. Expect many are down for the weekend and a piss up. Shame they will be so let down by the result come 2.30 p.m.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Yes it's a fabulous amount,but people need to realise that down south we have many many northerners who work and live here.
Leeds have bucket loads of southern fans as do many from those parts and up to 50% could be south based.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This is Boro we're talking about, not THE Leeds United.

All clubs including ours have diaspora around the country, but the big majority of those in the away end today will have left Middlesbrough in the dark this morning.

This "most of the their support live in London" is an NSC cliche often used when discussing away teams following. Other than anecdotal evidence I've seen no facts to back this up.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This "most of the their support live in London" is an NSC cliche often used when discussing away teams following. Other than anecdotal evidence I've seen no facts to back this up.
They had around 500 at Ipswich not long ago....They have very good followings in the southeast of England for a reason.
Yes they travel very well anyway,but they do have a lot of southeast supporters.

theboybilly

They had around 500 at Ipswich not long ago....They have very good followings in the southeast of England for a reason.
Yes they travel very well anyway,but they do have a lot of southeast supporters.

If only half of 'em today are coming down from Teesside that's still impressive for the time of year and a midday kick off.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
If the train that I'm currently on (Thameslink to Brighton) is anything to go by, there'll be a huge away attendance. My carriage is pretty much all 'boro.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Impressive if so given time of year, distance and that it's on the moving television screen.

I, for one, shall stand tall and deliver a non-sarcastic above-head hand clap when the attendance is announced "...including 1817 from Middlesbrough"*

(* - but not if they have the temerity to be leading at the time. They can **** right off if they are)
They will certainly add to the atmosphere (well, hopefully) in those numbers so yeah, worth a couple of seconds out to acknowledge them I suppose.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If only half of 'em today are coming down from Teesside that's still impressive for the time of year and a midday kick off.
Agreed
This is a boro south meet up in London a couple of days before the playoffs

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 572

Feb 14, 2010
How many "travelled" from Boro and how many live in London / South East and so this is the game they targeted to watch when the fixtures came out? Amazing how the press never seem to pick up on this simple point. Estimate a good half are already in the South. Southern clubs have less of that because migration has flowed mainly from north to south. Just pointing this out as a point of order.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
All from London
Their cup final
Middlesbrough a shit tip

All utter bollocks, we just need to admit that's different level if they bring anything north of 1500! As I said on a thread last week it makes our 1300 at derby look noddy!

Feb 14, 2010
All from London
Their cup final
Middlesbrough a shit tip

All utter bollocks, we just need to admit that's different level if they bring anything north of 1500! As I said on a thread last week it makes our 1300 at derby look noddy![/QUOTE

Nobody said "all from London" just the simple truth that a very large proportion will be from London and the south east. This will be a game that those Boro fans will have targeted when the fixtures came out. Do you really deny this? As for away support well we had 3000 plus to Chesterfield a few years ago in the 3rd or 4th tier. Now that is an impressive away support given the migration has been north to south and so the number of our fans who moved north is far less than the other way around..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here