Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
The last 3 home games there has been exactly 18,000 home fans at the amex, surely this cart be right? Yesterday the attendance was 20,777 with 2777 in the pompey end. Every game I work out how many home fans there are so how the hell has it been exactly 18,000 the last 3, not one less not one more.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Announcing home tickets sold maybe? Looking at the stats in the programme we had 18,786 at Cardiff with 18,028 home and 758 away. Ipswich had 20,490 total with 18,061 home and 2,429 away.

EDIT: Corrected my maths :blush:

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Announcing home tickets sold maybe? Looking at the stats in the programme we had 18,786 at Cardiff with 18,028 home and 758 away. Ipswich had 20,490 total with 18,061 home and 2,429 away.

EDIT: Corrected my maths :blush:
If they were announcing home tickets sold it would be more than that.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Maths isn't your strong point is it?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
The last 3 home games there has been exactly 18,000 home fans at the amex, surely this cart be right? Yesterday the attendance was 20,777 with 2777 in the pompey end. Every game I work out how many home fans there are so how the hell has it been exactly 18,000 the last 3, not one less not one more.

You're absolutely correct. It cart be right.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
We've had to remove some seats from East Stand Upper to accommodate the building of the new Amex sign which means over 400 seats were unavailable for the last three home games, hence, 18000 each game.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Assuming we keep up our 80-90% capacity figure (allowing for no-shows, segregation, away ends not selling out etc) we're looking at 24-27k as a standard attendance when the extra seats go in. I really can't for the life of me work out whether we'll do that. I was surprised when we sold out STs and ended up with a waiting list, can we realistically expect north of 25k every other week? I feel like it'll either be a massive anticlimax and it'll be 20-odd thousand still, or we'll be close to capacity in the high 20k's. Hmmm, tis a thinker.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, because it will be a massive anti-climax to have twenty thousand fans in the Amex :facepalm:

It's not going to be filled every week. That doesn't mean it's all going tits up, does it? Why does there have to be this expectation that just because the capacity will be there, it must be filled or it's a failure? It's about having room to expand things when the demand is there. Yes, it'd be nice to have near 30,000 crowds every game, but we've rarely done that in our entire history, so it may not happen now.

Why are people sweating on this so much??

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Assuming we keep up our 80-90% capacity figure (allowing for no-shows, segregation, away ends not selling out etc) we're looking at 24-27k as a standard attendance when the extra seats go in. I really can't for the life of me work out whether we'll do that. I was surprised when we sold out STs and ended up with a waiting list, can we realistically expect north of 25k every other week? I feel like it'll either be a massive anticlimax and it'll be 20-odd thousand still, or we'll be close to capacity in the high 20k's. Hmmm, tis a thinker.

Also ...factors such as how the team is doing...what division ....and to a far lesser degree weather

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Yeah, because it will be a massive anti-climax to have twenty thousand fans in the Amex :facepalm:
I haven't worded that brilliantly Edna but what I mean is, an anti-climax in comparison to the capacity, not that 20k every week is terrible, course it's not. I agree it's not worth worrying about because it's completely unpredictable; but the club has come so far in the last couple of years, I know I can't be the only one who doesn't know where to place my levels of expectation any more. Albion linked with Vicente? Not a hope in...oh. We signed him.
Also ...factors such as how the team is doing...what division ....and to a far lesser degree weather
True dat.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
They don't read out the no shows, If they did it'd have been 22,500.

I cannot wait until next year with the East Upper (If we get it) it will help the stadium look closer to being finished and we will have the chance of getting 26,000!

:rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here